BelgianK and Acira are becoming abuelos...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Yessss... now we are certain and proud to announce we will have our first litters in the DR...

both mama's have big, bulging bellies, and will give birth around the midst of July...

Mama 1 is our lovely Flash...

DSCF4148.jpg

A true Australian Shepherd out of herding lines, straight from Texas... and daddy had to wait 3 years before he got the green light... our John Doe...

l018.jpg

We believe this is the first litter of Australian Shepherds ever on the island...

Mama 2 is our Mojito (named after the famous coctail and just as gorgeous and spicy...)
Belgian bred out of true Belgian Ring lines... so a though dog...

DSCF4219.jpg

Daddy is our very own bred Herion, son of Acira and Gucci von den Lausbuben (WC 2007 IPO), and leader of our pack...

DSCF4197.jpg

For more info, visit our classified add, or our website Home, or pm me...

reservations are still possible, but for the Malinois you have to be quick...

Reactions: mike l

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
handsome animals! i'd post the happy news about our dog too but i have no clue what are the signs of pregnancy on a dog that already looks like a tinaco... she's been bulging here and there ever since she was born but now there may be a reason to it :) :)

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
First of all, I have to set something straight. I put the pics of Mojito under the folder Mosquito so Belgiank took the wrong pic.

This is the future mother of our Malinois litter...mea culpa...

DSCF4177.jpg

Second for dv8 : this is how a pregnant dog lookes like around day 55, good belly, puppies starting to descent and from now on you can feel the puppies moving also, niples starting to form and from that day on the nipples will fill with milk. From day 55 until birth (day 61 or 63) the mother starts to pluk the hairs away around the nipples, its instinctive behaviour so that the puppies can reach better the nipples and its for the mother nicer to clean everything. As the birth is coming nearby the pups descent still more and the pups stop moving at all.
48 hours before birth the temperature of the mother drops below 36?C.

This is Acira pregnant two years ago, seems like a whole belly but only 3 puppies inside but big ones :)

DSCF0701.jpg

Typical behaviour of a pregnant dog who is happy

Acirazwanger003.jpg

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Bellies getting bigger and both mama's getting slower, especially Flash who loves to herd the cows and horses nearby the house, is just looking out the fence now where they are...and then waggles back to the house...its really no sight, a waggling aussie whoehaa

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
thanks, acira for info - if fiji is preggers it is only about 3 weeks so no signs yet, i guess :)
your dogs are drop dead gorgeous, btw!

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Congrats on the soon to arrive bundles of joy!

Your dogs are lovely and I think you are probably right about having the first litter of Aussies on the island. We had our mini Aussie (from OK) with us while we lived there but I didn't breed her since there wasn't an appropriate male available. But we never saw another Aussie (full sized or mini) during the nine years we lived in the DR.

Congrats again.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Congrats on the soon to arrive bundles of joy!

Your dogs are lovely and I think you are probably right about having the first litter of Aussies on the island. We had our mini Aussie (from OK) with us while we lived there but I didn't breed her since there wasn't an appropriate male available. But we never saw another Aussie (full sized or mini) during the nine years we lived in the DR.

Congrats again.

Thanks! The future mama's are doing fine, getting fatter by the day and more hungry also :)

A mini aussie, knew them in Europe from a German breeder, lovely dogs and great compagnions like an aussie should be.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Some pics of the family

The first pictures of the litter of H?rion and Mojito, our Pastor Belga Malinois.
Mama Mojito had a hell of a job bringing 12 pups to the world but she did just fine.

Just born

DSCF4246.jpg

And number 12 on the way

DSCF4241.jpg

12 hours old, eaten and sleeping now, not for mama, she was still to nervous to sleep

DSCF4250.jpg

Being comfortable

DSCF4251.jpg

Two day's old and all comfortable including mama

DSCF4255.jpg

DSCF4256.jpg

DSCF4258.jpg

DSCF4261.jpg

DSCF4262.jpg

Some being VERY relaxed lol

DSCF4266.jpg

DSCF4267.jpg

Now we are waiting for Flash, our Australian Shepherd to deliver and since she is very quite and sleeps a lot since yesterday, it will be pretty soon.

You can go to classifieds http://dr1.com/classifieds/cgi-bin/view.cgi to view our add if you want more info and feel free to visit our website Home

Enjoy!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i find it amazing that 12 would fit inside the mama. how on earth? :)
our fiji, in the meantime, is growing to look more and more like a tank. i am afraid there will be 14 of her by the end of the month...

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
adorable!!!!!

Can I have one? lol

Well, a long distance relationship one though. God bless them!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
i find it amazing that 12 would fit inside the mama. how on earth? :)
our fiji, in the meantime, is growing to look more and more like a tank. i am afraid there will be 14 of her by the end of the month...

12 is a very big litter, and normally this means you have some you really have to take care off... not this time though... all pups equal in size, lively, and yes... noisy, and ravenous...

Momma taking real good care of them... protecting them fiercely... keeping them close (and being angry with one of them as she always fills up her belly, to wander of and fall asleep about 3 feet away...lol)

And we see them grow by the minute, so to say...

The only luxury mom allows herself a couple of time a day is to wander of to the jacuzzi, and cool her nipples...:bunny:

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Are we still talking about the dog here?

(Sorry, I know that was rude, but I coudln't resist.)

Just to set things straight... mom is Mojito (a Malinois), and the abuela is Acira (Hilde) (a human, most of the time...:bunny::bunny::bunny:)

Damn, thanks puryear, for having me sleep on the carpet in front of the bed once again....:ermm:

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
My sincerest apologies. When I get my dogs down to the island, we'll drive up and I'll buy you a drink.