Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disturbing oil/gas exploration

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disturbing oil/gas exploration

Having just read a news article that states a British company is going to be conducting a survey for gas and oil off the shores of the Dominican Republic, I have to ask the question, does anyone not know what is happening in the Gulf?
    This is one of the largest disasters ever, and who knows when it will end?
    The effects on not only the employment but the continues effects on the ocean and bird population is catastrophic!!
    We have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and with sightings of manatees and more turtles are we now going to put all of this at risk?
    It continues to amaze me what governments will willingly risk for greed!!
    Of course this is only MHO!!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

you would be amazed to see what they are really willing to risk/do,
    day by day and all around the globe.

i just hope the Brits will not mess with the Island here and the Amis stay in their ""own"" Gulf of "Mexico",

but i doubt.

Mike

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If they do find oil...will the government tax its worth like they should or will they let it slide for a one time annual fee paid by the oil company?
    This government could use that money for some serious gain...if some/many dont steal it.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Spicedwine, could you post the link to the article please? Many thanks.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    Spicedwine, could you post the link to the article please? Many thanks.
    good question.
    the subject is on the table so we wanna read some facts.

to the prior poster bringing in Tax incomes for a gubmint compared to the damages on the long term done to mother nature AND the Humans in such area:
    ask Obama and the former seat holders if the Tax money and Oil and Gas from the Gulf been enough to recompense now the People of the Gulf Coast and bring mother nature back to live.
    I doubt they will do any of both,
    the ladder would be anyways impossible to do.
    Mike
    Mike
    www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default This is the article I read

The following is the article I read. It was posted on another site, and I am totally useless in doing the link thing! Sorry. If you want to know the site PM me and I will gladly respond.

"British oil exploration off Dominican coast"
    posted on: Jun 21 2010 10:4 by Royston

The Director General of Mining has announced the start of exploration for oil reserves off the Dominican coast. Octavio Lopez said that some surveys have demonstrated that there is natural gas in areas under the ocean and this means there is a possibility of oil being there too.
    He explained that in the vicinity of the Banco de la Plata and other coastal areas, there is already data available which could suggest the presence of oil.
    Lopez said that a British company is starting a survey and it will be the most extensive ever conducted in Dominican waters. The survey is not costing the Dominican Government anything and if the results are positive, bids will be invited from international companies interested in exploratory drilling. This initial British survey is due to be completed in 30 days.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I found it, Ginnie,
    it is on Dominican Central,
    british oil exploration off dominican coast
    Mike
    Mike
    [email protected]

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

here's a lil history on ''willing to risks''
    Multinational Monitor, September 1981
    Mike
    Mike
    [email protected]

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

history shows the outcome of Oil Deals between the 1st world with the money and the 3rd world with the Oil they desperately wanna get, the same way like today's Drugtrafficking of the sweeties for the 1st world with the bucks and the 3rd worlds who have what the big shots desperately need and are willing to take any risk for.
    José López Portillo — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts
    Mike
    Mike
    [email protected]

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFisher View Post
    I found it, Ginnie,
    it is on Dominican Central,
    british oil exploration off dominican coast
    Mike
    Thanks Mike. Dominican Central, another site which translates news without putting the source article.....grrrr! However, I found where they got it from:
    Director de Minería asegura hay amplias posibilidades de existencia petróleo en zonas costeras

I wanted to check that reference to Banco de la Plata. And yes it does appear to mean Silver Bank. Think whales........... I hope this British company whoever they are (not specified in either article) are NOT going to disturb whale calfing locations.

Mind you the info in both is questionnable (look further down where they refer to Barry Gold........meaning Barrick Gold. Thought they meant Barry Goldwater for a moment, except he's dead). Can't believe there's a DR journalist who hasn't heard of Barrick Gold. I think I'll reserve judgement until I see an announcement in UK press about which British company this is. The Director of Mining Octavio Lopez, is this Octavio Lopez, btw
    Dominican Mining chief upbeat on Barrick Gold, Falconbridge operations

That 1981 article was illuminating, Mike.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast