INFOTEP in santiago

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
Does anyone here know about infotep or better yet work with them. I've tried reading there website but it's a little confusing. I see they are a vocational program. I mentioned to someone about a english teaching course here on dr1 but as usual everyone here or mostly I should say say that it's a terrible idea that everyone is doing it and theres no money. But i was told that INFOTEP by a someone that they will rent the space and provide all the materials and that they pay very well to rent space. Is this true?
Also I was told that I can just have the name as the front and if i provide furniture ect, then I can make more profits. In other words i don't have the headache of finding teachers they will provide.
I see that they need space for programs beauty, electrician,techs,ect.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Screw english. Why go to a trade school to teach english? I got a better idea, why dont you teach HVAC or plomero? I could do that sounds like a godly idea, Fauntleroy, doesnt it?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Tilin, there is a need of storage rooms in Santiago this can be a good business.

JJ

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
INFOTEP is free for students and is a government program. In order to work for them, you need a valid residency. I've never heard of them "outsourcing" their programs, as most of their stuff happens right at their huge space on Estrella Sadhala in Los Reyes. The English program they use is the same that was implemented (by the gov) in the Zona Franca here in Santiago, and is also available at the escuela Juan Bosch and Dominico-Americano. It's four hours a day, 5 days a week. The pay is competitive (and comes with the benefits that most gov jobs have), Last I heard it was between 20-30 Gs a month for two shifts (eight hours a day). It's not a bad idea, but there are some other teaching gigs that would make you more in the long run - like your own institute. Just remember that if you start a business it could take a long time to start making a decent profit.

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
yes , I have been doing some investigating that is a great Idea which is my original idea. I found out that there is a INFOTEP several blocks away 2 story beauty, massage, cosmetics...but the space will be for teaching --or courses I should say . The more I dig into this the more ideas I come up with and also some others friends giving them also.

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
thanks bachata but the space is on the second level it would be hard getting stuff up there for storage. Im gonna stick to a teaching program im thinkin 30 students $1000 for 12 month course = 30g's just have to figure which course and how teachers would get paid and setting up the cxa. It's gonna take a little time to get the ball rolling .