Need Arthroscopic Knee Surgery ASAP

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Last night for the 2nd time I blew out my right knee. I live in Santiago and need the name of an excellent doctor here that can perform this particular surgery.
If not in Santiago I don't have a problem traveling to the capital or the North coast. It hurts like hell so the sooner the better. Thanks in advance....

Reactions: Bronxboy

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Last night for the 2nd time I blew out my right knee. I live in Santiago and need the name of an excellent doctor here that can perform this particular surgery.
If not in Santiago I don't have a problem traveling to the capital or the North coast. It hurts like hell so the sooner the better. Thanks in advance....

couple of good orthopedist across from clinca abreu in santo domingo
Name is domino, his partner speaks english one studied in the usa the other in france.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I saw Dr. Enrique Anico Vargas @ HOMS (#512 in the professional building) for my broken scapula and was highly impressed.

Hillbilly referred me to him, and he knows who is who in Santiago.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I've used Dr Andres Garcia with good results. He has been rebuilding knees for many years and supposedly well reknowned. He's at Clinica Corominas 809-580-1171 x7231.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
couple of good orthopedist across from clinca abreu in santo domingo
Name is domino, his partner speaks english one studied in the usa the other in france.

Domino is French and has excellent reputation. Did a knee and hip replacement for my wife.

In Santo Domingo 809-687-9654

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Dr. Eudes Espinal: Excellent orthopedic surgeon, trained in miami.
Clinica Bonilla, santiago. 809 247 3888 ext: 279

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Thank you everyone for such a rapid response. You can always count on DR1'ers to help someone out of a jam. I just took in 2 homeless kittens that after I fed them 1 time they decided they liked my food and decided to stay. I was playing with one of them last night and reached down to grab his fast little body trying to get away from me and my knee tore. So, I will contact the Dr's and I guess the first one that can see me right away will be the one I go to. And I thought I was SOL.......

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thank you everyone for such a rapid response. You can always count on DR1'ers to help someone out of a jam. I just took in 2 homeless kittens that after I fed them 1 time they decided they liked my food and decided to stay. I was playing with one of them last night and reached down to grab his fast little body trying to get away from me and my knee tore. So, I will contact the Dr's and I guess the first one that can see me right away will be the one I go to. And I thought I was SOL.......

If you could do it over again, would you take in the 2 kittens?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Dr. Alfredo Guerrero Krantz, Ortop?dico & Traumat?logo, SD

Waytogo, as I told you in PM, my friend swears she has the best orthopedic doc in SD. I e-mailed a doctor friend of hers [my friend doesn't "do" e-mail] in SD to get the contact info and here's the answer [no appt needed apparently]:

"Dr Alfredo Guerrero Krantz ib clinica. Abel gonzalez norte
809 540-6856. He is there m w f in the morning and all afternoons. I usually go before 2 pm so I am first. It is in order of who comes first
He is very nice and very capable"

AE

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
If you could do it over again, would you take in the 2 kittens?

In a second, I love animals and knowing their tummies are full every day makes me feel good. I felt a little pain in my knee a couple of weeks ago and just attributed it to old age, if not while playing with them it would have been something else. I just bought some bar b qued ribs and chicken from the bar-b-que stand on the corner and they chowed down with me.
There currently sleeping on my couch.......

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
There's more relief on the horizon for us knee sufferers.

I saw an article the other day(gotta look for it) that a stem cells injected into the cartilage of the knee of a couple hundred patients proved to be extremely successful, with most of the patients reporting remarkable improvements.

Doctors involved with the treatment said that some folks had their knees return to as good as new.

Is this experimental and what country is this being done....
Everything like this takes so darn long for approval in the U.S.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Is this experimental and what country is this being done....
Everything like this takes so darn long for approval in the U.S.

About a year or so ago we met an American couple from NJ in Santo Domingo - she was there for stem cell treatments from a doc in the capital. She couldn't get the treatment anywhere else, according to them. She had been to Honduras [and spent a fortune, like $100,000] but DR was more advanced treatment.

So you may not have to look very far!

AE

Reactions: Bronxboy