need help please

Jun 15, 2010
i have posted ealier about i was planning a trip to DR,there are a few things i need to know and your help well be highly appreciated. i am a single male african american looking to go to the DR on a 3 day vacation, i well be traveling by my self. i dont speak any spanish

1)what is the best and safest city for me to stay which has clubs and bars,

2)is it better to stay at a hotel apartment or villa

3) im hearing alot of things about boca chica (whats the deal with that place)

4) which city has the finest women.

5) also i would like to stay in and area where i wouldnt have to go to far for excitement either in walking distance or not further than a 10$ cab ride

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
i have posted ealier about i was planning a trip to DR,there are a few things i need to know and your help well be highly appreciated. i am a single male african american looking to go to the DR on a 3 day vacation, i well be traveling by my self. i dont speak any spanish

1)what is the best and safest city for me to stay which has clubs and bars,
Santo Domingo-colonial zone-still only 30-45 minute drive to Juan Dolio beach2)is it better to stay at a hotel apartment or villa-depending on what you can afford
3) im hearing alot of things about boca chica (whats the deal with that place)
Is beaching important to you, if so i would prefer driving another 10 mins east to Juan Dolio..For girls more in BC but the lower end of the chica foodchain, beach is dirtier and the peddlers are everywhere.
4) which city has the finest women. Santiago, Santo Domingo, if you prefer full on pro chicas and bars and beach-Sosua-not as safe though in my opinion5) also i would like to stay in and area where i wouldnt have to go to far for excitement either in walking distance or not further than a 10$ cab ride
Gacue Colonial zone.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
You posted in the wrong forum.

hahahaha stranded gringo in paradise

Why do you guys bother posting this stuff?

Rather than make assumptions about him and take cheap shots why not just let it go?

All of a sudden this is the wrong forum for a first time traveler to the DR to ask people who know about the place where to stay and go to enjoy night life, is heterosexual and doesn't like spending a lot of money on cabs?

Do you guys have a problem with any of that?

Daam

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

Rather than make assumptions about him and take cheap shots why not just let it go?

All of a sudden this is the wrong forum for a first time traveler to the DR to ask people who know about the place where to stay and go to enjoy night life, is heterosexual and doesn't like spending a lot of money on cabs?

Daam

He posted in the forum. What's wrong letting him know that? This wasn't a cheap shot!!!!!

I was just trying to help him out. The "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" is NOT the correct forum for these types of questions.

DAMN!!!!!!:ermm:

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Opps forgot to clean up before moving this to the "Travel Question" section.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
He posted in the forum. What's wrong letting him know that? This wasn't a cheap shot!!!!!

I was just trying to help him out. The "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" is NOT the correct forum for these types of questions.

DAMN!!!!!!:ermm:

Isn't that the purpose for the moderators?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Isn't that the purpose for the moderators?

Anna placed this post in the correct forum (travel) but another one thread was opened (Santo Domingo).

Greydead, case closed.

I guess we try to help each other. I have no desire to become a moderator!!!!

Last edited:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I would say the best women are in Santiago or Santo Domingo.

If you stay in Santo Domingo and find a nice hotel to stay in, all the local clubs are within a $5.00 cab ride.

I will let other indicate whether a hotel or villa is appropriate.

The deal with Boca Chica is that it is the closest beach from Santo Domingo (around a 45 minute, $30.00 dollar cab ride) but at night it is fill with, in my opinion, the ugliest pros on the island and is not so safe!!!!

I would stick with Santiago!!!!!!!!!!

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

Daam

What assumptions??????????? What did you miss? I m coming there for 3 days, I dont know nothing about nothing and I dont know what to do, where to go or even rudiments in speaking the language. The largest city in the Caribbean and the dude didnt do his due diligence, nor make the effort to befriend someone back home to steer him in the right direction. And exactly how much effort can be invested in the meeting "finest" women on a 3 day trip where I dont speak any of the language of the place I m going? And the one place I do know about is a hot spot for prostitutes and ne'er do wells, who really couldnt care that I dont speak spanish in any functional form or fashion. Did you miss that?

Besides he cant come to Santiago with no Spanish and expect to meet the finest women, much less any women. Anywhere not on a coast you ll have to have some language proficiency. And if he is flying into SDQ for a 3 day trip he should know it can take 5-6 hours to go into the country if it doesnt have a major highway like DR-1

Last edited:
Reactions: AlterEgo