Did the gringos take their clothes off in Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
errrr right who were they protesting to as there is never anyone there.........another event they didnt tell me about

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
More interesting to know if they will close...

the beach access...because that would really be the nail in the coffin for Cabarete as a very pleasant small town :(

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Those were sankies!! Due to fewer tourists they have to hussle harder;);)

The headline says:
EXTRANJEROS SE DESNUDAN EN PROTESTA POR CIERRE DE PLAYA

This is about protesting the closing of Encuentro.

And here:
Jovenes Surferos denuncian que quieren cerrar la playa El Encuentro de Bombita.

But the video of the naked protest shows what appear to be Dominican bottoms, not foreign posteriors.

HISTORIA PROTESTA DESNUDOS EN PLAYA

So, did expats or tourists join in? Enquiring minds and all that.........:cheeky:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Sosua Online said:
ATENCION ILANA: No permitas que cierren Playa del Encuentro [VIDEO]
Jovenes Surferos denuncian que quieren cerrar la playa El Encuentro de Bombita.
:D
My son, the surfer, would say "it's not surferos, it's surfistas".

Lucasurf's Blog

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Beach Access

the beach access...because that would really be the nail in the coffin for Cabarete as a very pleasant small town :(

We've been through this before with proposed development projects at Encuentro... My understanding (I have never actually see the law) is that Dominican Law insures access to the ocean by all, like a lot of other places. BUT, we know there is Dominican Law and dominican law, Money talks - everywhere.

Odd that I was speaking to a Dominican surfer friend this morning and this did not come up.

PS: This gingo surfer would have been in the protest - nah, I'm of Irish descent (inside joke jeje).

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Not so long ago I remember reading a notice about changing the law on this so that it is no longer public property. Cannot remember where I saw it but will do a search.

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Be interesting..

Be interesting (jaja) to see what Mendy has to say. At work now and our network blocks that and other social networks (guess they actually want me to do work on their equipment) so I have to wait to end of day for that.

A few years ago someone local had contacted Surfrider about DR beach access. They have a Carib chapter. They have done great things in the states on obtaining and insuring beach access but I doubt they have the influence and legal recourse in DR.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
As long nobody (including the so called "journalists") doesn't have the cojones to NAME, denounce, drag into public light and directly attack whom they prefer to call "ya saben quien", whom is trying to "close" (the access to) Playa Encuentro... the whole thing will inevitably take it's Dominican course and progress and the beach WILL wind up closed... eventually.

So, so far, I am just sad to see that only so few females have taken up the sport.
What they are doing may be noble and even funny, but it is bound to have the same effect (more, lack thereof) like farting into space or peeing into the sea.

I know that wasn't Lambada's question... but then, who really wants to see naked Gringos?? :tired: That can't be what we came here for :cheeky:

... J-D.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
An editor in the making :). Great to see he has started a blog.
I wonder if he'll feature the SIN report in his blog. I recognise one or two of the blokes we met when we went to Encuentro a couple of weeks ago. :) By their hairstyles, of course!
We're planning a long weekend there in September and our young surfista is determined to surf, so it'd better stay open.

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
other spots

Chirimoya;867359 We're planning a long weekend there in September and our young surfista is determined to surf said:
There are other spots, plus they can't keep you out of the ocean, just need another way in.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Did the gringos take their clothes off in Cabarete?

Since there was little chance of sunburn today, I held my own nude protest there from noon-4:30pm. Unfortunately, there were no reporters to capture it for youtube and everyone else left about 12:01 for a long lunch, I guess. They hadn't returned before I left.

Gotta go shower now, I have sand in places I didn't know I have places. :bunny:

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
The thinking process?

So Punta Cana is doing good, they have "closed beaches", exclusivity, lets do the same thing...

So this guy on the beach is selling necklaces, I should do that.:ermm:

If encuentro closes, it will change Cabarete completely

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Since there was little chance of sunburn today, I held my own nude protest there from noon-4:30pm. Unfortunately, there were no reporters to capture it for youtube and everyone else left about 12:01 for a long lunch, I guess.

Maybe try again tomorrow :cheeky:? This is beginning to spread around the blogs, as it would.

Chirimoya, please tell Lucas his impeccable Spanish has set the tone, now followed by some of the blogueros........

Remolacha:
Surfistas protestan desnudos en contra del cierre de Playa en RD

Bachataymerengue.com

Sabanetadeyasica.com
SURFISTAS PROTESTAN DESNUDOS POR CIERRE DE PLAYA EL ENCUENTRO EN CABARETE, SOSUA.

Lagunasalada.net
Surfistas de Puerto Plata Protestan desnudos.

Montecristialdia

ElRayaso
Surfistas protestan para que no le cierren la playa, pero lo hacen desnudo es la primera vez, que se protesta en esta condiciones aqu? en el pa?s

Gasparensealdia
Jovenes protestan desnudos

Primicias
J?venes protestan desnudos en Cabarete Beach

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it is interesting to see that dominican papers will print photos of dead corpses but they pixel an a**.... :cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.