Dog groomer?

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
Does anyone know of a dog groomer in the Sosua area? I am bringing in a Shih-Tzu that I like to keep cut short in the warm weather. Thanks.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Does anyone know of a dog groomer in the Sosua area? I am bringing in a Shih-Tzu that I like to keep cut short in the warm weather. Thanks.

Grooming your Shih Tzu & Different Technics

you may have to train your own personal one... but the Dominicans are fantastic with hair and ADORE these little dogs so you should have no trouble finding someone to come to Her Majesty's house and groom her

bns

Nov 24, 2009
Careful!

Hi, I had an awful grooming experience that ended in the death of my dog. If you pm I can share my experience with you.

Aug 21, 2007
There's a groomer who comes from Puerto Plata to Judy's Pet Resort in Sosua. He comes once a month, with the next scheduled day being June 30. Call Judy's Pet resort for more information or an appointment. (809) 571-1167

There is also a pet salon in Puerto Plata. While I know how to drive there, I am sorry to say that I could not direct you, nor can I give you a phone number.

I have a shih-tzu and a Peke-poo who are groomed at Judy's. One of the dogs is paranoid about being groomed and must be tranquilized first. Judy is a vet tech. She does it with advice from Dr. Bob, the vet next door.

I find the grooming services to be satisfactory for my pets.....not much different than the U.S. Good luck.

Lindsey

Last edited:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Ditto to Lindsey's comments. The guys who come to Judy's are gentle but firm and do a great job on my Havanese, Annie.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you will find, i think, that most vets do wash/cut/dry services. miesposo used to take his lhasa apso to any vet store for a bit of grooming. i am afraid it had no effect on lilly as immediately after comining back home she'd run outside to rub herself in a dead rat precautiously hidden for that dreadful occasions :)