Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: digital safes

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default digital safes

ok real quick. what hotels have digital safes either in sosua or caberete ?

hotel europa
    new garden
    del delfin

any others ?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Out of curiousity, what's the importance of the safe being digital? Just not having to carry the safe key along with your room key?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

and a feeling that the front office, housekeeping or anyone else could be walking around with the master key for all the safes in the hotel. it makes you wonder. a digital safe although not 100% secure (because if they really want your safe, it can be removed from the wall) does give you some relief that you are the only one with the code. lastly, most of the world uses digital safes, it's 2010.....

curiousity satisfied ?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh.....I think you might be over analyzing your situation a little bit....If the owner wants to get it....... he will........RELAX........enjoy yourself....you'll be fine.......

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

after 18 trips, keys or digital, doesn't matter. i have potential first-timers who are asking me these questions.

it's kind of like knowing you are renting a Range Rover and you get to the dealer and he has a Yugo for you.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyle,
    Also let them know there's not a digital safe (that I'm aware of) that doesn't have key access. Pop the little plastic cover off the front & you'll see. The front desk will have a key. Too many forget their codes not to have key access.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The Yugo gets such a bad rep............hahahaha

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CFA123 View Post
    Kyle,
    Also let them know there's not a digital safe (that I'm aware of) that doesn't have key access. Pop the little plastic cover off the front & you'll see. The front desk will have a key. Too many forget their codes not to have key access.
    Also, if the battery dies unexpectedly a key is needed to open the safe--unless you want to pay for a new safe to replace the one destroyed to allow you to get your stuff from inside.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If they are that worried about their stuff, they can always rent a safety deposit box at the place across the street from Banco Reservas....forgot the name though, same side of street as Banco Santa Cruz.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I put my stuff where the maids don't clean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast