digital safes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
ok real quick. what hotels have digital safes either in sosua or caberete ?

hotel europa :ermm:
new garden :ermm:
del delfin :ermm:

any others ?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Out of curiousity, what's the importance of the safe being digital? Just not having to carry the safe key along with your room key?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
and a feeling that the front office, housekeeping or anyone else could be walking around with the master key for all the safes in the hotel. it makes you wonder. a digital safe although not 100% secure (because if they really want your safe, it can be removed from the wall) does give you some relief that you are the only one with the code. lastly, most of the world uses digital safes, it's 2010.....

curiousity satisfied ?

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Ahh.....I think you might be over analyzing your situation a little bit....If the owner wants to get it....... he will........RELAX........enjoy yourself....you'll be fine.......

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
after 18 trips, keys or digital, doesn't matter. i have potential first-timers who are asking me these questions.

it's kind of like knowing you are renting a Range Rover and you get to the dealer and he has a Yugo for you. :laugh:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Kyle,
Also let them know there's not a digital safe (that I'm aware of) that doesn't have key access. Pop the little plastic cover off the front & you'll see. The front desk will have a key. Too many forget their codes not to have key access.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Kyle,
Also let them know there's not a digital safe (that I'm aware of) that doesn't have key access. Pop the little plastic cover off the front & you'll see. The front desk will have a key. Too many forget their codes not to have key access.

Also, if the battery dies unexpectedly a key is needed to open the safe--unless you want to pay for a new safe to replace the one destroyed to allow you to get your stuff from inside.

Reactions: CFA123

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
If they are that worried about their stuff, they can always rent a safety deposit box at the place across the street from Banco Reservas....forgot the name though, same side of street as Banco Santa Cruz.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
ok guys thanks for all the comments. i've told them all of those things but they will feel better if they stay at a hotel with a digital safe.

dang newbies, you cant teach them anything. maybe i should tell them to go to BC where they have digital safes :laugh:

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I can fit my laptop in the digital safes I have seen and not in the 'analogue'(?) safes I have seen.
This to me is a good thing.

And so I do not forget the code -
If I use the formula -
2/room number squared * sqr rt of room number COS (Pi / Log DoB) - well you simply can't go wrong after a few too many Cuba Libres!!
:bunny::bunny::bunny:;););)

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
my code is usually the price i pay at Le Passions, 2500 :laugh:

just kidding around....

Status
Not open for further replies.