Zip Lining Tour

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Hey DR1 family,

Im going over there during July and want to surprise the GF with some zip lining, since she mentioned she would love to do it.

Thing is im from the Capital so I dont know much about where to go, is there any where between Barahona and Samana that this is done? Jarabacoa or Constanza?

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Curius to know where the ziplines in the link above are actually located.

No idea but likely not too far from the hotels in the areas listed since it is a day trip. I should have said that I have never been on a zip line tour in DR but I just posted that to help the OP because I saw it myself and was curious but never went. The only thing I would really want to check out before trying it would be the safety standards of the equipment, etc.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
this one is located on the tourist highway to Santiago, in a place called Yasika. It wasn't very well advertised, and there were no road signs.....if you wish to go, you had better call to get directions.....oh and I don't have the number either...it could be on their billboard....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have been past there a couple of times, and the road is an adventure in and of itself.
After you pass the little town of Y?sica, come to another tiny bridge at a place called EBRA and then go up a small hill. the Place is on your left hand side about 300-400 meters up that road.
This excursion is probably sold at your hotel. If you have your own wheels, you just take that road and try for it. Not comfortable, but doable.

Looks to be fun.

HB

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
From the north coast side it is not too bad a drive. They come to pick you up though if you are in POP or at a hotel. It is very very cool and they say it is even better in the rain. I will take their word for it.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
HB and others,

I'll be staying at Casa Bonita from Jul 9-12 then going to Hotel Colibri in Samana from the 12-15 and was thinking of stopping on the way to Samana, i'll check it out, make some calls and keep everyone posted.