Police swarm Merengue/Classico bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
In the last hour, (it is currently 12.50pm), dozens of police just swarmed the Merengue/Classico bar in Sosua. The owner, Armando, was apparently arrrested. I have heard tht this started yesterday but today's police bust was the first I have heard of it. Anybody got any info? Please post only if you have true information.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I can confirm an arrest was made but I don't have the name of the person arrested. Your best bet is to contact Sosua Police and ask for the Lieutenant handling the case (don't want to post his name for obvious reasons). Or alternatively wait a short while - this will be public knowledge very shortly & we'll be able to post a newspaper report.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I must have just missed that on my way to the bank! The place was completely empty so I guess it had already happened.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The police arrested a foreigner there, not Armando or anyone connected to the bar. It had something to do with a woman, he is already out.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Mama Mia

The police arrested a foreigner there, not Armando or anyone connected to the bar. It had something to do with a woman, he is already out.

Ah, what a relief.
And I knew if 'dozens of police swarmed the bar' it had to do with a woman. :bunny:
All is good...

donP

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Apparently there was a real effort to sweep the streets as well. The "vendors" and money changers and others were leaving the are in fear of being picked up.

I was told this by 2 individuals and I do not know if it is true. Timing is correct though.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
At this moment Armando is in fact in the Police station in Sosua with his lawyers. He is not under arrest, he was asked to come in. I am pretty sure this has to do with money changers.

I know this is confusing to say the least, but he is there now.

Reactions: Tamborista

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I was in Sosua this afternoon. From about 1-2pm there were a lot of guys with tv cameras. Probably find something on the news or blogs later. I didn't see police so perhaps the action was over by then. Streets were pretty empty.

I guess I missed the fun.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Major Event?

If there really were 'dozens' then it was ordered from above and a high shot must have been among them, too.
In other words some major event...
No way, a platoon lift their axxes for some puta, unless she's the platoon leader's mistress.... :cheeky:

donP

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Channel 10 and 5 in POP last night reported it was connected to the murder of the American lawyer.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Channel 10 and 5 in POP last night reported it was connected to the murder of the American lawyer.

There was some talk that it may have had somthing to do with the murder of Wilson Garcia, a Dominican lawyer in Sosua four years ago.

But this is just talk and not really something that can be verified.

I do know that the Police took a computer from Armando to scan.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Just pointing out to Robert the difference between stupid bar talk and my recent postings on DR1. I suggest you get your brain out from between your legs.

Difference is, you are naming names and accusing them of specific crimes.

If you are not prepared to do what I told you to do, then I wil just keep deleting your posts.

Next...

Status
Not open for further replies.