What a shame

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Santiago (or at least my part of Santiago) has to suffer with a really poor transmission of the World Cup. Our cable providers remove ESPN when the games come around and allow a idiot from the Dominican football world (who has never done much but make a living off of being a South American with a funny accent that talks f?tbol) to "comment" on something he knows little or nothing about!@!

Last week we got great trasmissions for the early games....I wonder if they will take away the ABC coverage as well!!! This is sick...

However, There is always the laptop...and a somewhat jerky transmission...

God, anything but that guy!! I watched Slovakia-Italia on MUTE....

HB, very sad...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
HEHE, a couple of thousand dollars in high tech stuff (good laptop and a Dell Data Show) and screw you local idiots.

Watched the game this afternoon on a 50" screen on the wall of my living room, sipping coffee and puffing on one great cigar..(a gift from Bachata Dutchie!!)...

Saw a great Japan team beat a strangely pourous Denmark,,,,no normal, but that is football.

Also watched (in silence) Italy get it's "come uppins" and thereby eliminated.

For those that know about the Wee Folk, just remember it was Italy that allowed France to get into a playoff with Ireland where the Hand of Henry, not seen by the ref allowed a goal that eliminated Ireland. As a result both France and Italy finished at the bottom of their groups!! Take that!! Erin go braugh!! (or something like that!!)

Sl?n

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here is what it looks like

I can sit in my living room and watch it now. Ain't technology wonderful???

HEHEHE

Reactions: mike l

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
he he,
sounds like you found the right way.
a couple days ago i tried to set up that espn3.com,
the description looks like a great feature, something i would enjoy, get it over the computer and of course connected to the Flat on the Veranda.
but big trouble in lil China,
to set up da account it asks for my internet provider,
and of course that looong list of provioders to choose from does not contain Claro internet, darn.
i could not even find a menue where i could purchase the access/sign in,
I really been ready to pay for service, but nothing found.
here in bavaro we have espn in 3 languages on the local cable,
but NO espn2 for the parallel games.
before yesterday a visitor at Steve's Bar connected his laptop and brought espn2 on one screen while espn1 been from cable on the other, but I have no clue how the guys did it.
any Ideas???
that espn3 shows nice features for all sports events, like the car races which are my favs, I would not hessitate to purchase a year's abo on such, but I need somebody to explain me how so even me stu.. can understand and realize that.
cheers
Mike