Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why DR1, why????

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why DR1, why????

For some time now, DR1 has, for some obscure reason, decided to link up with Facebook...

The result is simply astonishing, annoying, and causing the website to be agonisingly slow for those members living in the DR, depending on banda ancha or 3G... and I think quite a lot of members are unfortunately depending on those...

Aside from the fact that Facebook is one of the unsafest programs around, and one of the most obnoxious (my humble opinion), it simply kills the enjoyment of surfing on DR1...

I have actually started to play minesweeper while waiting for the next page to appear...

I suggest we start bombarding those guys from DR1 (sorry, Robert...) so DR 1 can be restored...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of Facebook, DR1 has been in a full on nose dive for five years.

Stay Frosty!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by belgiank View Post
    For some time now, DR1 has, for some obscure reason, decided to link up with Facebook...

The result is simply astonishing, annoying, and causing the website to be agonisingly slow for those members living in the DR, depending on banda ancha or 3G... and I think quite a lot of members are unfortunately depending on those...

Aside from the fact that Facebook is one of the unsafest programs around, and one of the most obnoxious (my humble opinion), it simply kills the enjoyment of surfing on DR1...

I have actually started to play minesweeper while waiting for the next page to appear...

I suggest we start bombarding those guys from DR1 (sorry, Robert...) so DR 1 can be restored...
    I haven't had any other complaints of the site being slow due to Facebook.

What exactly is the problem?

What doesn't work?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

no problem with DR1 pageloads here on my wireless stick.
    sure I will not connect it with facebook,
    Facbeook sucks,
    and more important,
    Facebook fills your computer with thosuands of computer speed slowing BS data daily, so if you care about your puter, stay far away from FB.
    but simply and alone DR1,
    i have to defend the English man,
    it works just fine over here,
    on the laptop on the Veranda this time of the eve of course.
    cheers
    Mike
    Mike
    www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on

Stay Frosty!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bryan1258 View Post
    Regardless of Facebook, DR1 has been in a full on nose dive for five years.
    We must have climbed to a pretty big height if we have been in a nose dive for 5 years. 12,000+ uniques yesterday, not bad for a site in nose dive

Why are you still here posting? I guess we must be doing something right????

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm certainly not complaining about DR1 in itself... but whenever you now open a thread it somehow routes through FB, and then google adds... just look at the bottom of your screen, and it makes the whole thing immensely slow for those with already slow speeds...

I can sympathise with the google-adds out of a commercial point of view... but feel that FB and DR1 should not have any connection... those of us who want to read on FB when one of their friends is getting ready to peel potatoes, are free to do so when they sign up there...

Especially if it influences the performance of a great MB to the annoyance of its members...

The reason for this thread, Robert, is certainly not an attack, but to see if other members feel the same way... and then it is up to DR1 to draw its conclusions...

Peter

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm certainly not complaining about DR1 in itself... but whenever you now open a thread it somehow routes through FB, and then google adds... just look at the bottom of your screen, and it makes the whole thing immensely slow for those with already slow speeds...

I can sympathise with the google-adds out of a commercial point of view... but feel that FB and DR1 should not have any connection... those of us who want to read on FB when one of their friends is getting ready to peel potatoes, are free to do so when they sign up there...

Especially if it influences the performance of a great MB to the annoyance of its members...

The reason for this thread, Robert, is certainly not an attack, but to see if other members feel the same way... and then it is up to DR1 to draw its conclusions...

btw... this is attempt 3 to try and post this reply... see where it gets to be very annoying???

attempt 4

Peter

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

and then you get this bs...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't noticed any slowness loading, but then again I am usually getting incoming at about 3.35mg. DR1 rocks, and Facebook blows.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't have any of these problems... but i'm not logged into facebook.

belgiank, if you log out of facebook before using dr1, does it speed things up? maybe clear your cache too

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast