Weather question for next 2 weeks

Anat Bar-Cohen

Jun 25, 2010
Could someone let me know what we can expect weatherwise (I know it's hard to predict() for our wedding party from June 30 - July 6 The outdoor wedding is on July 3. Thanks so much from a nervous mother of the bride as i read the weather reports!

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Hot and humid. Heat index in the mid 90's. Afternoon showers with some lasting into the night. Basicly, hot with a 50% chance of rain.............

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Bla Bla

Hot and humid. Heat index in the mid 90's. Afternoon showers with some lasting into the night. Basicly, hot with a 50% chance of rain.............
... and the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. :tired:

You don't even know WHERE the party will be... ;)

donP

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

This time of year, there is a good chance of some rain, usually in the mid to late afternoon and/or in the evening. This is the hurricane season and tropical weather systems are always moving through the area. Don't have to be storms or hurricanes, tropical waves such are passing through area now bringing us cloudy weather and afternoon showers, and tropical depressions don't get reported on the news but they do cause showers.

No way of knowing about the weather on the day of the wedding, but I would say that as a general rule early afternoon would be best from a weather standpoint.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it is often nearly impossible to predict the weather for the very next Day,
absolutely impossible to talk further into the weather future.
We can watch existing systems/storms and guess on their tracking and powers,
but we can not forecast when and where a system pops up and starts to mess around.
sometimes we check Radar and Sat/weather charts at one moment and all looks fine, and 5-10hrs later BOOOOM!!!, a System pops up on the screens and the prior made outlook is 100% wrong prooven.

the weather is like Women on a shopping Tour:
unpredictable how long the backpayment of our credit card bills will last, lol

btw,
at which location the wedding is planned to take place?

cheers
Mike

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
it is often nearly impossible to predict the weather for the very next Day,
absolutely impossible to talk further into the weather future.

Yes, it is impossible to be precise; that is true everywhere. But, I think we can say that unless we are having one of our few all day rains because of a nearby tropical weather system, that early afternoon usually safer than late afternoon.

We can also say that unless it is a rainy day, showers usually last just a short time. So even if there is a shower an hour before the ceremony, you might have enough clear weather to have the ceremony outdoors, especially if scheduled for early afternoon.

BUT, be smart and have an indoor location lined up as your backup.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
absolutely correct Ken2.
usual average weather for July would be a hot sunny day with clear skies,
wind 10 knots or less,
Ocean calm on the inshore, the usual low 3-5ft offshore,
chances for a short brief shower in the late afternoon or evening on 2-3 days per week.
most resorts who organize resort weddings have a indoor location as a backup weapon.
I agree,
the best preventive measure would be to shedule the ceremony for early afternoon or even mid mornings, but such mostly depends on the shedule/availability of the oficial(how's Da Guy named in english??) who helds the ceremony.
cheers
Mike

GOOOOOOOOal!!!!
Ghana 2 USA 1

Go Ghana GOOOOOO!
Mike