Shipping OUT of the DR

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I need to send a small electric item to CA for a replacement. So I wrap it up in bubblewrap with a letter of instructions, box it up well, add waterproof shipping label and take it to EPS.

They weighed it. Exactly 1lb, and the box is the size 500 business cards comes in.

They asked for RD$1650...and I about dropped. Really? US$45 to ship a US$160 object? I opted not to send it via EPS.

So some input please: what's the best way to ship something small, 1lb, to the states? I have no need at all for rapid or overnight delivers.

TIA

donP

Dec 14, 2008
A Bit Pricey

Exactly 1lb__
They asked for RD$1650...and I about dropped. Really? US$45 to ship a US$160 object?
The value is not important.
Whether it's EPS, MBE or CPS, they all charge about the same. I do not know what makes it so expensive.
I have got a cellphone which needs to go back to the US as it turned out useless here and was quoted similar prices.
Ask one of your clients to take the thingy back to the US.
By far the safest and most economic way.

donP

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
A one pound box will cost you RD650+/- to ship regular mail without insurance at Business Mail in Santiago off of Texas Ave.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Business Mail offers USPS Priority boxes...should not be all that expensive.

Otherwise, one of "my guys" is leaving in a week and will gladly do this for you.
One of "My gals" is leaving Sunday if you can get it here tomorrow or today

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Business Mail offers USPS Priority boxes...should not be all that expensive.

Otherwise, one of "my guys" is leaving in a week and will gladly do this for you.
One of "My gals" is leaving Sunday if you can get it here tomorrow or today

HB
Darn it! We were there Thursday. We go back Sunday early evening. Had I known...

Thanks, Chip, for the info! We'll be in Santiago Tuesday. Business mail is across the street from Alida's parents. I'll drop by then.