Thread: Shipping OUT of the DR

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipping OUT of the DR

I need to send a small electric item to CA for a replacement. So I wrap it up in bubblewrap with a letter of instructions, box it up well, add waterproof shipping label and take it to EPS.

They weighed it. Exactly 1lb, and the box is the size 500 business cards comes in.

They asked for RD$1650...and I about dropped. Really? US$45 to ship a US$160 object? I opted not to send it via EPS.

So some input please: what's the best way to ship something small, 1lb, to the states? I have no need at all for rapid or overnight delivers.

TIA

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default A Bit Pricey

Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    Exactly 1lb__
    They asked for RD$1650...and I about dropped. Really? US$45 to ship a US$160 object?
    The value is not important.
    Whether it's EPS, MBE or CPS, they all charge about the same. I do not know what makes it so expensive.
    I have got a cellphone which needs to go back to the US as it turned out useless here and was quoted similar prices.
    Ask one of your clients to take the thingy back to the US.
    By far the safest and most economic way.

donP

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

A one pound box will cost you RD650+/- to ship regular mail without insurance at Business Mail in Santiago off of Texas Ave.

Post Thanks / Like

Business Mail offers USPS Priority boxes...should not be all that expensive.

Otherwise, one of "my guys" is leaving in a week and will gladly do this for you.
    One of "My gals" is leaving Sunday if you can get it here tomorrow or today

HB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Business Mail offers USPS Priority boxes...should not be all that expensive.

Otherwise, one of "my guys" is leaving in a week and will gladly do this for you.
    One of "My gals" is leaving Sunday if you can get it here tomorrow or today

HB
    Darn it! We were there Thursday. We go back Sunday early evening. Had I known...

Thanks, Chip, for the info! We'll be in Santiago Tuesday. Business mail is across the street from Alida's parents. I'll drop by then.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I shipped an envelope from Puerto Plata to the States from the local UPS/FedEx office at the corner of the Metro bus station... It was 1800 Pesos!!

Find a mule, CB.

... J-D.