Dollar store in Santo Domingo?

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Would anyone know if there is a "Dollar Store" or it's equivalent in Santo Domingo? I am looking to pick up a bunch of cheap items to use in the kitchen. Plaza Llama on FEb 27 has a lot of inexpensive kitchen items but they are not as cheap as a dollar store.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Would anyone know if there is a "Dollar Store" or it's equivalent in Santo Domingo? I am looking to pick up a bunch of cheap items to use in the kitchen. Plaza Llama on FEb 27 has a lot of inexpensive kitchen items but they are not as cheap as a dollar store.

There was one on 27 de Feb around Tirandentes, but I believe it shut down.

Strangely IKEA may have decent prices on kitchen items..

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004

the one on el conde shut down,there was one in megacentral,but I have not been there in a couple months.
bob

Feb 7, 2007
I think the whole company went bankrupt, they had 2 dollar stores in Higuey and both closed down. They were selling stuff too expensively, more expensive (e.g. shampoos, etc.) than other local stores or local discount stores. The stuff was not "dollar" but more like 80 pesos starting price + ITBIS, and the prices went from on there up. Stuff too expensive.

Norteman

Dec 15, 2008
I think the whole company went bankrupt, they had 2 dollar stores in Higuey and both closed down. They were selling stuff too expensively, more expensive (e.g. shampoos, etc.) than other local stores or local discount stores. The stuff was not "dollar" but more like 80 pesos starting price + ITBIS, and the prices went from on there up. Stuff too expensive.

Excellent! the true definition of a dollar store in the dominican republic is the 2 and half dollar store-i love it!!
A true snapshot of how high cost of living really is en la isla.

Dollarstore

Feb 10, 2011
New to site

ok i wil be moving to santo domimgo in a few months and i will opening a dallor store and i mean a dallor store, $1.00 us is 37.00 drp right thats how it would be. so ppl can buy and don't have worry on spending alot of money. you know like Dallor General.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
I do know what a Dollar is ca 37.00 drp
but....

how much is a Dallor ?
Just picking on you lol

Dollarstore

Feb 10, 2011
lol. nothing will not be over 10 us from $0.50 to $10us on house item and food and clothing, baby items. ect... plus i will bring over cheap computers there i have in the computer biz for over 15yr now, and i seen some the prices over there are carzy.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
I call that a 10$ or less store or a 1$ and up store
cause earlier you said 1$ 37 pesos thats what it would !
Im so confused
Manu