Lunar Eclipse Tommrow

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
Well, according the BBC there will be a partial lunar eclipse tomorrow. Luckily, we are right around the edge of possible viewing angles, so we'll be able to see it.

It will be about 54% (peak) covered at around 7pm our time.
_48175503_eclipse_map_466map.gif

I, for one, have never seen an eclipse, so I'll be out on the roof with una fria. It would be neat to get a photo of el monumento with the moon in the background. I'll have to find my camera. Hope it's not cloudy!

Source: BBC News - Lunar eclipse 'magnified' in US

P.s. Tomorrow is also when Ghana Vs. USA will happen. This obviously a sign from the gods that the US will win. I only say this based on the obvious fact that the moon goddess Luna hates Ghana and thus won't be eclipsing any of Africa tomorrow.

I take my astrology very serious and uphold it to the highest German standards: BBC News - 'Psychic' octopus predicts Germany victory over England :cheeky:

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Nice! Hopefully its not cloudy tomorrow but as the weather has been the last week, its doubtfull.

But I will be watching, never seen a lunar eclipse, did see a solar eclipse in I think 2002 or 2003...magnificent!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px; CURSOR: hand" class=TDLlabel onclick="show_f1('id_f1_date_time');return false;" vAlign=top noWrap>Date & Time: </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px" class=TDLlabel vAlign=top noWrap>Saturday, June 26, 2010 13:46:32

</TD><TD style="CURSOR: hand" class=TDLlabel onclick="show_f1('id_f1_tz');return false;" noWrap>Time Zone:

</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px" class=TDLlabel noWrap>-4:00 (AST)

</TD><TD style="CURSOR: hand" class=TDLlabel onclick="show_f1('id_f1_LtLg');return false;" noWrap>Location:

</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px" class=TDLlabel noWrap>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
18? 38' 55" N | 68? 21' 27" W
----------------------
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 bgColor=#000000><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px" class=calDayInfoLabel>Full Moon:</TD><TD class=calDayInfoLabel>Jun 26, 2010 07:31</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px" class=calDayInfoLabel noWrap>Percent of Full: 100%</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px" class=calDayInfoLabel>Age: 50%</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px" class=calDayInfoLabel>Rise: 19:35</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px" class=calDayInfoLabel>Set: 05:57</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

darn,
been a heck to copy and paste the writings from my Moon Table Software here into a Post.
according to my tables we will not see anything tonight in Punta Cana.
the Sky itself should be clear this eve,
we are under sunny skies all day long.
MoonRise her 7:35PM tonight
cheers
Mike

Last edited: