Thread: Lunar Eclipse Tommrow

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lunar Eclipse Tommrow

Well, according the BBC there will be a partial lunar eclipse tomorrow. Luckily, we are right around the edge of possible viewing angles, so we'll be able to see it.

It will be about 54% (peak) covered at around 7pm our time.

I, for one, have never seen an eclipse, so I'll be out on the roof with una fria. It would be neat to get a photo of el monumento with the moon in the background. I'll have to find my camera. Hope it's not cloudy!

Source: BBC News - Lunar eclipse 'magnified' in US

P.s. Tomorrow is also when Ghana Vs. USA will happen. This obviously a sign from the gods that the US will win. I only say this based on the obvious fact that the moon goddess Luna hates Ghana and thus won't be eclipsing any of Africa tomorrow.

I take my astrology very serious and uphold it to the highest German standards: BBC News - 'Psychic' octopus predicts Germany victory over England

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Hopefully its not cloudy tomorrow but as the weather has been the last week, its doubtfull.

But I will be watching, never seen a lunar eclipse, did see a solar eclipse in I think 2002 or 2003...magnificent!!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xtoclark View Post
    I take my astrology very serious and uphold it to the highest German standards: BBC News - 'Psychic' octopus predicts Germany victory over England
    You do realise that that octopus is an expat? It was born in UK now lives in Germany.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 15px; CURSOR: hand" class=TDLlabel onclick="show_f1('id_f1_date_time');return false;" vAlign=top noWrap>Date & Time: </TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px" class=TDLlabel vAlign=top noWrap>Saturday, June 26, 2010 13:46:32

</TD><TD style="CURSOR: hand" class=TDLlabel onclick="show_f1('id_f1_tz');return false;" noWrap>Time Zone:

</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px" class=TDLlabel noWrap>-4:00 (AST)

</TD><TD style="CURSOR: hand" class=TDLlabel onclick="show_f1('id_f1_LtLg');return false;" noWrap>Location:

</TD><TD style="PADDING-RIGHT: 15px" class=TDLlabel noWrap>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    18 38' 55" N | 68 21' 27" W
    ----------------------
    <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 bgColor=#000000><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px" class=calDayInfoLabel>Full Moon:</TD><TD class=calDayInfoLabel>Jun 26, 2010 07:31</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px" class=calDayInfoLabel noWrap>Percent of Full: 100%</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px" class=calDayInfoLabel>Age: 50%</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px" class=calDayInfoLabel>Rise: 19:35</TD><TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px" class=calDayInfoLabel>Set: 05:57</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

darn,
    been a heck to copy and paste the writings from my Moon Table Software here into a Post.
    according to my tables we will not see anything tonight in Punta Cana.
    the Sky itself should be clear this eve,
    we are under sunny skies all day long.
    MoonRise her 7:35PM tonight
    cheers
    Mike
    Last edited by MikeFisher; 06-26-2010 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typos due keybord probs, sorry
    Mike
    www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    You do realise that that octopus is an expat? It was born in UK now lives in Germany.
    Ginnie,
    here in the Tourism industrie we simply name such
    an Room Upgrade, lolol.

Go Germany Gooo!

Mike
    Mike
    www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on