SDQ Airport to Santiago by Public Transportation

Jun 5, 2004
Hey guys,

I did some search (as much as I could with a mobile device) and didnt find much info....so here it goes...

I am trying to find the least expensive way to go from SDQ airport to Santiago (ViVa/Codetel) Buildings....I am assuming I can take a cab from the airport to either Caribe Tours or Metro and that would take me to the Santiago locations....my questions are:

How much would the taxi cost from the airport to the terminal?
I am trying to sqeeze in some sightseeing (malecon/conde) and megacentro if not too out of the way....which would be more convinient Metro or Caribe?
Lastly, both of the companies have a stop in santiago close to the Viva and Codetel Buildings right?

Thanks Alot!!!!!

Nov 25, 2008
both companies have a stop about 1 block away from Codetel, Metro cost from SD to Santiago $240.00
dont know from the airport to the bus terminal

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
If you want to go to El conde/malecon, you better go to Caribe tours, its not walking distance, you have to take a taxi (160 pesos)
Megacentro is too far for either station.
Plaza Central is a mall, across street from Metro station. Acropolis Mall is also 2-3 blocks from Metro.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The taxis are probably asking for RD1000 or more depending on your appearance and Spanish speaking ability. It can be negotiated for less.

If you are really on the cheap catch a ride to the highway in front of the airport and from there you can get a guagua for no more than RD100 to take you downtown SD. From there you made need another taxi to get to the terminal but it should be no more than RD150.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Taxi probably your best bet. The airport is quite a way from town and the bus terminals.

Jun 5, 2004
Update...

When I got to SDQ the taxis were 1200DOP or 35USD to Caribe Tours and 1500DOP or 40USD to the metro station...decided to go to the Caribe Tour station and it turns out that they had a bus leaving when I got there so I jumped on it ;)... (the cost of the bus ride was 260DOP) as far as location in STGO both had locations very close to the Viva and Codetel buildings

I know I can count on the DR1 community anytime i have a question

Gracias