Any roller skating rings in Santo Domingo?

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
How about an ice rink? Does such a thing exist in the DR or am I out of my mind? :)

I've seen an artificial ice rink in the parking lot just south of the Churchill La Sirena (Santo Domingo). It was there around the winter holidays in 2008-2009. I don't know if they do it annually.

genistar

Jul 29, 2009
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
How cool would it be to have a permanent ice rink? I'm dreaming... with the apagones the ice would melt fast... :cry:

Anyone wanna build it and start a national Dominican hockey team? They could join the Jamaican bob-sled team at the next winter olympics! :cheeky:

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
They have plenty of inline skating parks around SD, roller rings I am unsure about, seems they are a little out of touch and times these days. With all the electricity cuts in SD these days an ice rink wouldn't stay iced for very long. Although I'd love for someone to prove me wrong.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
That was part of a small 'Feria mecanica' that was here for a while that year. I don't remember it being on Churchill though, I though it was at the stadium on Ortega & Gasset.

I know I almost killed myself trying to ice skate for the first time, and there were quite a few people that almost laughed themselves to death.

The one I saw was on Churchill. It was an outdoor rink with artificial ice, which mercifully was not as slippery as real ice. There was a lot of laughing going on there also, including myself whenever I went by it. It appears that not a lot of dominicans are good ice skaters.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
bambi.jpg

genistar

Jul 29, 2009
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Hey, I'm Canadian and I love winter sports, including ice hockey... it's something I had to sacrifice when I went to the DR. I guess inline skating is the next best thing... but stopping isn't as easy as it is on ice. :)