UK to Introduce Immigration Cap

domilinguist

Feb 22, 2008
Dear All,

The Home Secretary has confirmed that the UK is to introduce a temporary limit on the number of workers entering the UK from outside the EU, ahead of a permanent cap on immigration.

What do others readers think of this move? Will this move affect any DR1er's residency applications to the UK? I know I am a little concerned as to the implications this could have for my husband...

Theresa May: immigration cap will not harm UK economy | UK news | guardian.co.uk

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I know I am a little concerned as to the implications this could have for my husband...

Is your husband in the category of 'skilled and highly-skilled workers'? Because that is the group which will be affected.

'Roughly 55,000 non-EU workers were given permission to come to Britain to live and work in 2009. Around a third of them came in under the highly-skilled-migrant route - so-called Tier 1.

Two-thirds were skilled workers with a designated job offer in a sector where officials have agreed there is a shortage of suitable applicants in the UK - so-called Tier 2.'
Does the immigration cap fit?

As far as I'm aware such Tier 1 & 2 migrants are in a different category from husbands. The Tier 1 & 2 migrants might not have a single relative in UK.
http://www.tier12345.co.uk/

Last edited: