transportation from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo

C

carribbeanprincess

Hi all,

what is the best way to get from Punta Cana to Santo Domingo?

Warm Regards,

Carribbean Princess

JFitz dr

Dec 17, 2009
Transportation

Hey there are a couple of options, depending on what your budget is..

1) avionita(sm. plane 19 passengers) about $50 us takes 20 min to arrive in airport in the capital from punta cana airport

2) bus takes 4 hrs and change

3) cab takes 3 hrs and change the prices vary depending on type of vehicle hired.. if your rollin hevy you can take a chevy suburban and it costs close to 300 with tip. one service i have used is prestige and they have different classes of vehicles and prices.

Hope this helps....

Almost forgot....hi everyone from DR1 I have been following for a bit and I absolutely love the site this is my first posting but certainly not my last!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
welcome to the bord, both of you.

some pages i found for flights are on
Flights from Santo Domingo to Punta Cana - Punta Cana to Santo Domingo

Cheap Flights from Santo Domingo to Dominican Republic, SDQ to DO Airfare Search from FareCompare

Regular Flights in the Dominican Republic

a flight Punta Cana Santo Domingo costs at least $100.- I would guess,
of course per Person and one way.

a cabby option would range around $150.- per ride for up to 4 passengers, one way.

and there are 2 Bus Options available.
the 1st would be to take the Expresso Bavaro-Santo Domingo, starting at their bavaro Mainstation at the Friusa Crossing/Parada Sitrabapu, they have 4 rides per day, leaving Bavaro 7AM, 10AM, 2PM and 4PM, but I am not sure if the times are still the same, it's been a while that I used them and the shedule may vary now.
the 2nd Bus option would be to take the regular Bus to Higuey and then the Bus from Higuey to Santo Domingo. they leave Higuey to Santo Domingo around every 20 minutes all day long starting very early morning.
a Bus ride costs around $10.- total per Person one way,
they are save and comfo.

something for every budget available

have fun travelling the Isle
Mike

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Home

This is the plane service from Punta Cana to SDQ. Prices and schedules. I would call though as this changes from time to time and the website may not be up to date.

JFitz dr

Dec 17, 2009
plane service

This is the info for the plane from punta cana to the capital. I flew with them about 2 weeks ago....smooth sailing and i paid 60 us with 2 large suitcases...

Volair was founded in 2003 and is today one of the largest and safest Dominican airlines.

Every year, Volair carries more than 3,000 passengers on its 8 white and yellow coloured aircrafts. The Volair fleet is one of the most modern
8095520911Mon - Sun:
7:00 am - 8:00 pm

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
no no JDJones,
I guess there are some misunderstandings.
Metro Tours has no Route from PC to St Dgo,
so there can not be a Rate, and near 100 bucks would be outrageous for a Bus Ride anyways, lol.
also Benjamin sounds expensive for his Nissan Services,
IF he is a licensed Taxista to offer such services from here legally.
even private transfers from PC to St Dgo like for example prearranged with IBK Servicios Turisticos cost $150.-,
and they are legally licensed for the requested services, insured, New vehicles, etc etc etc.
Mike

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The price on Bavaro Express from Bavaro to SD is about 300-350 rd.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I can't figure their Rates on their website either.
for example it states $25.- from the Punta Cana Airport to the far Uvero Alto Area,
but it doesn't state ''per Ride'' or per Van or what vehicle is used anyways.
there are several riutes mentioned from the Punta Cana airport to different locations, if their Quote would be per Person there should be a shedule at what times their shuttle Runs, if it would be per private Transportation for example in a Van then those Quotes would be less than half Rate compared to local taxi Rates.
sorry,
I can not figure out what their Quotes really mean.

Mike

Letsgoblues725

Jul 5, 2010
We are going down in January and taking a tour that visits a school. I emailed the tour operator asking if I could put together grab bags for the kids, and if so needing an approximate number of students. He said that would be fine. We plan on bringing 30 or so grab bags of a notebook, a few pencils, a pencil sharpener, crayons, markers, colored pencils, a coloring book and then adding a few fun stuff like a few balloons, a bouncy ball, bubbles,jump rope,etc. We figured it would be a little more personal and fun for the children to get a gift instead of just leaving supplies with the teacher or school. We were told the classroom is about 18-20 kids so we are bringing extra bags to give to local kids or if our maid has children give one to her,etc.

We also plan on bringing some personal stuff for the employees of the resort. Stuff they would want but cannot afford. I work in retail and can get great deals on stuff, especially clearance stuff after Christmas. We always have little perfume gift sets,make-up sets clearanced out after Christmas. I figured I would buy a few of the gift sets that have like seven small bottles of different kinds of Estee Lauder perfume(or other designers) and leave one each day for the maid and give others to female hotel staff. Then we'd like to put together little bags for them as well with some fingernail polish/remover, file board, make-up, jewelry to hand out to the employees that stand out to us.

I don't really have a clue what to put in a bag for a male though?? What would you suggest?? Would razors/shave cream/aftershave/cologne be okay?? We clearance out so much stuff that we only get in for Christmas that we call giftables...crank flashlights(no batteries needed),wallets,hankerchief sets,etc.

Would it also be okay to bring used clothes that either don't fit us anymore or that we don't wear anymore?? Not junky stuff that is stained or ripped, I switch wardrobes so often I have plenty that I don't wear. Shoes as well. Where would I take that stuff? I guess if I saw a hotel employee that looked the right size I could give it to them but if not is there a place you can take donations like that?? Same with baby clothes? I can get super cheap baby stuff on clearance at work and have friends and family that would likely donate. I just don't want to pay for extra luggage to take all of this stuff if there is not a reputable place to give it to where I know it goes to a good cause. Also, socks?? Are those expensive there where that would be an okay thing to bring??

We are lucky this time around. We usually travel to Mexico in September and it comes at the worst time for us to have extra money to buy stuff to take as gifts. We do tip extremely well, but don't have the money to bring the extras and figure the money would be more important to them. This time around we are traveling in January so we can stock up on school supplies with the back to school sales here where a notebook is a nickel, a box a crayons fifty cents,folders ten cents,etc. Then we have the after Christmas clearance stuff we can bring as well. My boyfriend gets a bonus every three months so we can afford a couple hundred extra dollars worth of stuff this time around. I think I'm more excited that I can do this on this vacation than they will be to receive it. It's the people that make our vacations so great and I'm excited that I can give them something that may brighten their day.