Mango/tree

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Hi all,
i have a full mango tree in my back yard. They are called "lechoza" which are delicious, sweet and big.
If you are in santiago, you like mangos, just bring your own bag...
It is a gift for dr1s members.....;)
send me a pm and i will give you my address...
Lucille

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Hi all,
i have a full mango tree in my back yard. They are called "lechoza" which are delicious, sweet and big.
Lucille

Lechoza are papaya actually!
Thanks for the offer.

i.

Reactions: mike l and Lucille

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Hi all,
Lucille
Any time I have to pay $1. Dollar for a mango here in US I think about when in Santiago at this time of the year there it was so many mangos in my backyard that I have to give away tens of them every single day.

JJ

Reactions: mike l

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Yes, but there are many sorts of mangos.
And the OP is right.

donP

Actually Mangifera indica (Mango) and Carica papaya (Papaya) are not that closely related. A Mango has a large single seed, while the Papaya has many medium sized seeds in the center. Both have distinctly different flavours.

Perhaps one of our resident linguists can officially translate lechoza, I am quite sure it refers to papaya, and not Mango???

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Actually Mangifera indica (Mango) and Carica papaya (Papaya) are not that closely related. A Mango has a large single seed, while the Papaya has many medium sized seeds in the center. Both have distinctly different flavours.

Perhaps one of our resident linguists can officially translate lechoza, I am quite sure it refers to papaya, and not Mango???
Correct on all counts.

Someone is pulling lucille's leg.

Maybe an auyama is a mango, too...:cheeky:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Lucy, let me know where you are in a PM....

I don;'t need mangos, I have three trees in my own back yard...and they came into season in sequence!! Now the banilejos are just perfect and a few of the lazier Yamangu?s are still on the tree..

HB

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Lechoza vs. Lechoso...First one is Papaya, second one is an adjective describing something milky (such as a type of Mango). You guys are confusing the two because how closely related the spelling is, but they're NOT spelled or pronounced the same. The OP is right there are Mangos called Lechosos.

Reactions: Lucille and mike l

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Lechoza vs. Lechoso...First one is Papaya, second one is an adjective describing something milky (such as a type of Mango). You guys are confusing the two because how closely related the spelling is, but they're NOT spelled or pronounced the same. The OP is right there are Mangos called Lechosos.
You got it!!!

JJ

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007

Thank you Suarezn. I don't want to confuse anyone.
It is just the description or type (lechosos)
They are not papayas...They are mangos.....;)

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
there is a fabulous salad dressing that can be made from papaya seeds, i don't remember how it's done but i do recall a food processor/blender is required. is there anyone out there that can enlighten us?

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I think the really good mangos are also called Lechozo or something like that. Will you still have them in one month? yummy

Luperon:
hope not...lol...lol...too much work.
Someone told me that they may last until the middle of July.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Lucille's "Little" Mango Tree.......

It's BIG!

vqsi7p.jpg

My wife and I just came back with two bags full of mangos, could hardly carry the bags.

CAUTION: If walking in the yard, wear a hard hat !!!!

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Santiago: Why did you have to do that? Now I'm here in "beautiful" Reynosa, Mexico salivating while I wait for hurricane Alex to beat the crap out of us. Mangos straight from the trees are some of my favorite fruits and I can see so many "pintos" hanging from branches I just want to climb up there and eat so many of them they have to get me down with a forklift...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Santiago: Why did you have to do that? Now I'm here in "beautiful" Reynosa, Mexico salivating while I wait for hurricane Alex to beat the crap out of us. Mangos straight from the trees are some of my favorite fruits and I can see so many "pintos" hanging from branches I just want to climb up there and eat so many of them they have to get me down with a forklift...
No need to pick the MANGOS.

It was constantly raining mangos while we were sitting in the yard sipping a Naturally Sweet Mango Cocktail.

One could watch them fall and some were so ripe that they squished onto the ground.
(Instant Mango Juice). ;) lol

Hmmm, Hmmm, Good!

Lucille kept reminding us to "Watch our heads".

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007

You are welcome.......lol..lol...

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Don sorry I missed you. Lucy didn't tell me you and her were waiting on me.
When I told Lucy I was coming over I never mentioned a time.
WHAT GLORIOUS MANGOS.....You were right, I almost got clocked in the head by one of those beauties. I have never seen a Mango tree that big, and even after we were done picking it seemed like the tree had more than when we first got there.
They are so juicy my fingers were sticking together like glue. Well, time to start eating those beauties. I wonder how they taste mixed in a blender with some ice....

Reactions: Lucille and mike l