Juan Dolio relocation

catriann

Jun 29, 2010
Hello-
Looking for good insight on a safe, family focused place to rent for a temporary relocation to the DR in Juan Dolio. We will be arriving from the U.S.
Looking for local or Expat experience/opinions. The metro keeps popping up on our searches.. nice place? We already have a realtor/relocation contact.
Gracias!
Jen

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
The Metro is a good place to live and about 5 minutes from the beach. There's The Villas del Mar Int. school which is pretty good and about 3minutes away from the Metro.
Are you looking for a house or a condo? Plse feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Have pmed you. The Metro Country Club is like USA. Nice houses around a golf course. It is pretty large and full of ex pats and rich Dominicans who use it at the weekends. The pluses are the houses are nice, it is a large gated community, and as such is safe, and is patrolled by security guards. There is constant electricity.

The downsides are that it is expensive - around 3000US$ minimum per month for a 3 bed house, plus maintenance usually, there is not much of a community spirit - so can be lonely, the gardens are all open and do not have fences so you cannot have large dogs outside (most people have little fluffy yappy things), the water pressure is having problems atm as well, and, if you do not have a car you are stuck as there is no transport.

But as I said it is safe, but totally removed from the real life here. To the best of my knowledge there has only been one violent death in recent years, and that was a man who hanged himself when he found his wife in bed with the haitian gardener, so as long as you do not shag the gardener all should be fine!!

Matilda

Reactions: jrhartley

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Have pmed you. The Metro Country Club is like USA. Nice houses around a golf course. It is pretty large and full of ex pats and rich Dominicans who use it at the weekends. The pluses are the houses are nice, it is a large gated community, and as such is safe, and is patrolled by security guards. There is constant electricity.

The downsides are that it is expensive - around 3000US$ minimum per month for a 3 bed house, plus maintenance usually, there is not much of a community spirit - so can be lonely, the gardens are all open and do not have fences so you cannot have large dogs outside (most people have little fluffy yappy things), the water pressure is having problems atm as well, and, if you do not have a car you are stuck as there is no transport.

But as I said it is safe, but totally removed from the real life here. To the best of my knowledge there has only been one violent death in recent years, and that was a man who hanged himself when he found his wife in bed with the haitian gardener, so as long as you do not shag the gardener all should be fine!!

Matilda

Matilda. You are the relocation expert of Juan Dolio.

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Matilda knows very well the Area, she lives in Juan Dolio, welcome catrianne, when you will moving here?, If Im not wrong only Matilda and I are living in San Pedro Area.

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
Si Matilda does know the area really well!! When my husband and friends visited boca chica last march we made a day and took the guaga to visit with Matilda :) Very NICE lady who made us feel very welcome. Thanks again for a nice day, and it sure is nice to put a face to such a sweet lady!

Adios for now
Lizzard

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
sweet ? - did you meet the right lady...she swears at me ....lol

Yeppers I did meet the right lady! And the swearing made me feel at home LOL
Cant wait to go back in November to have a few more brugals and good company again :)

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Thank you Lizzard, and if you knew Mr Hartley then you would swear at him too!!

Matilda

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Hope next time you invite me to share with you, I dont drink a lot but sometimes I like brugal con Seven up.