Santiago parking meters

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Suprema corte de justicia declara inconstitucional los parkimetros de santiago.
I hope in the next days all the parking meters will be remove from the downtown streets as the the mayor court said the contract between the city governor and the private company who manages theses meters (Blue Parking Caribbean) is illegal and they are to refund all the money charged in fines to the citizens.
Fuente de la noticia programa de radio en la manana de Jose gutierrez.

JJ

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucille

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Suprema corte de justicia declara inconstitucional los parkimetros de santiago.
I hope in the next days all the parking meters will be remove from the downtown streets as the the mayor court said the contract between the city governor and the private company who manages theses meters (Blue Parking Caribbean) is illegal and they are to refund all the money charged in fines to the citizens.
Fuente de la noticia programa de radio en la manana de Jose gutierrez.

JJ

bachata: thank you
Great news...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
The men in "Yellow" are very quick in Santiago. (The ticket writers wear yellow shirts).

They were already writing tickets at 8:09 am in front of the Clinic on Restaruante the other day.
I waited until he got close then plugged in three 1 peso coins.

I could have saved two pesos, the wife came back out of the clinic within the 4 minutes of the first coin. I was the only car in the entire block not to get a ticket.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
El diache. Se me perdio ventidos pesos en el transcurso de hoy por eso mismo! Ayy si supiera que hubiese hecho con esa fortunatica???!!!! : )

Nov 25, 2008
I myself find the meters useful, I can go any day to the city and find a space to park, before it was impossible to do this, I hope it stands

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I myself find the meters useful, I can go any day to the city and find a space to park, before it was impossible to do this, I hope it stands
That was the original idea, to set up parking meters in the commercial area but they went farther and started setting up theses thing in front of homes in surrounding areas of the downtown.

JJ

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
the basic argument is that the private company has usurped certain rights and privileges that belong only to the municipality and the justice department, such as fixing and or establishing fines and penalties. This they are not allowed to do under the Constitution.

It seems to me that the company has expanded beyond the original scope of the deal and is now on all of the side streets, far beyond the "Historical Center" of the city.

Anyway, it is either feed the meters or pay a minimum of $20 to a parking lot attendant.

HB

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
the basic argument is that the private company has usurped certain rights and privileges that belong only to the municipality and the justice department, such as fixing and or establishing fines and penalties. This they are not allowed to do under the Constitution.

It seems to me that the company has expanded beyond the original scope of the deal and is now on all of the side streets, far beyond the "Historical Center" of the city.

Anyway, it is either feed the meters or pay a minimum of $20 to a parking lot attendant.

HB

Luis:
It is better to pay the $20 or more pesos to a parking lot attendant because you are more relax and I was always short of those $1 and $5 denomination coins.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Today, the "Men in Yellow" were still writing tickets for parking meter violations.

Illegal or not, they will just go on doing the same thing over and over.
The law usually does not matter here.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
Today, the "Men in Yellow" were still writing tickets for parking meter violations.

Illegal or not, they will just go on doing the same thing over and over.
The law usually does not matter here.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Obviously they have not been informed as of yet... Haha.Gotta milk while you can, right?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Obviously they have not been informed as of yet... Haha.Gotta milk while you can, right?
Even if informed, they most likely will continue collecting from the meters and writing tickets. Those that don't know will keep feeding the meters and paying the fines.

This is the SECOND time it has been ruled that they are illegal!
(Or at the least, the second time it has been reported in the news)

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
Even if informed, they most likely will continue collecting from the meters and writing tickets. Those that don't know will keep feeding the meters and paying the fines.

This is the SECOND time it has been ruled that they are illegal!
(Or at the least, the second time it has been reported in the news)

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Yes, I actually thought this was an old thread that someone dug up until I saw the post date.

I'm just saying no one has informed the company as of yet... Plausible. :cheeky:

What are they going to do with all the [illegal] meters now, or at least what are they supposed to?

As Kurt Vonnegut once wrote, ?Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance." I bet they will just sit pretty there.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Attorney General of Santiago Jenny Berenice interviewed for a local radio station said ; she is waiting for the mayor court to summit a requirement of removal and her department will send a notification so that "The Blue Parking Company" in a short period of time will have to complete removing theses meters and if they don't do so she will have to send the low enforcement to do it.
Como dijo San Mateo... Lo creo cuando lo vea!!

JJ

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Attorney General of Santiago Jenny Berenice interviewed for a local radio station said ; she is waiting for the mayor court to summit a requirement of removal and her department will send a notification so that "The Blue Parking Company" in a short period of time will have to complete removing theses meters and if they don't do so she will have to send the low enforcement to do it.
Como dijo San Mateo... Lo creo cuando lo vea!!

JJ

Bacha: no San Mateo...lol...Santo Thomas ver para creer....he he he

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sometimes Bachata's language interference is really poignant, after all, he is not a native speaker and he writes what he hears...

"low enforcement"....did many of you get that one???? And the great punny?

Well said JJ, my best to all the familia!!

Abrazos de 4 de Julio!!

HB

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
We had a great 4 of July celebration, after church we went to the pastor's home for a cook out, my wife brought some mango,watermelons,melons and pineapple and she made a mango shake.
the hamburguesas, the hot dogs and the frijores were delicious.

Las cervesas me las voy a dar aqui en mi casa cuando comiencen a tirar los fire works
esta noche aqui en Raleigh.

Thanks Hillbilly, I'm trying to switch my Spanish mind to English but it is not easy, something good is that now I understand 90% of what I listen and read in English.

JJ