Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Curfew now @ 10:00 pm where will it end?

The Ministry of Police and Interior is planning to to even more restrict sales from Colmandones Supermarkets and liquor stores to 10:00 om at night. It will also be forbidden to drink alcohol in public areas like parks etc.

So where will it end? Check Source here:

Anteproyecto de ley: Colmadones sólo podrán vender bebidas hasta las 10:00 PM - Listín Diario Digital

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see them reducing the hours of the Colmados, and the same about drinking, just won't happen IMO. All this will end up doing is causing more under the table pay offs to stay open late, causing more problems trying to regulate the rest. Drinking on the street is part and parcel of Dominican life, dominos in the street with several bottle of brugal is the only thing that gives some of the old codgers something to live for. I can't imagine the police trying to kart off a group of 80 year old men for doing something they have done forever, would cause a riot.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

It will end when they can put up a curfew as early as 8:00 PM so they can do their drug trafficking without anyone disturbing them...what a bunch of hypocrites .

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

They should outlaw dominoes and promote hopscotch. Image that, a bunch of drunk old fools getting some exercise in the middle of the night, while the merengue is till blasting on the 1000Watt system

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah suarezn I with you. I never thought the first curfew would happen , but i learned the lesson, it came. New Guaggas New police units (COBA).

I never saw a country with a own (COBA) since the prohibition in the USA. Sad Sad

Here is another link with more information. It also said you can go to jail up to 2 years.

Proyecto procura regular por ley control venta bebidas alcohólicas - DiarioLibre.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strong View Post

Here is another link with more information. It also said you can go to jail up to 2 years.

Proyecto procura regular por ley control venta bebidas alcohólicas - DiarioLibre.com
    If they get their way they can put you in jail for up to 2 years for drinking outside...of course if you're caught with 170 lbs of drugs you can get 3 months.

Tres meses de prisión preventiva para norteamericano se le incautó 170 libras marihuana - Listín Diario Digital

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not fluent in Spanish, but if I'm reading it correctly, it's nothing more than a proposal at this point. It also appears that the ban on drinking outside would only be within 300 meters of schools, churches and hospitals.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it is a proposal, but like the old one they will make it happen. Drinking will be forbidden in all public places including parks avenues etc.

if i understand this right this will also be implementedfor fiestas patronales and other Public events.

de los ayuntamientos municipales respectivos fijar horarios para la celebración de eventos, patronales, ferias y otros similares en las áreas de dominio público, sin consumo ni expendio de bebidas alcohólicas
    Please correct me if i am wrong.Who will go to a patronales then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast