Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a woman

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I need a woman

to help me flesh out my radio show. I have the opportunity to fill a time slot on 95.9 FM the Clave in Santiago. But I dont want to do the show by myself. I havent specified which time slot I d like to do. I m comfortable with something in the afternoons but who s gonna rock the boat? I want to do English language programming and since they are in the middle of format change, shouldnt be that hard. They were/are adult contemporary(espanol) but have slid to contemporary jazz(which even though most records are instrumental, the artists are mostly english speaking).

Well, I d like to have a female co-host to mellow it out a bit. Cant be all sausage in the studio. Bilingual would be cool, so there could be an exchange with the spanish speaking public but the show would be in English with mostly non Dominican music.

I have the show plotted in my head:
    Morning show: Wake up with Delilah and the Colonel(in a harmonious falsetto trio)
    Afternoon show: Take it easy with Delilah and the Colonel(women announces seductively)
    Evening show: Late night with the Colonel...and Delilah (man announces seductively)

Clearly you have to be comfortable being Delilah. Have great taste in music and a delicious voice to counter my Woody Allen/Bob Newhart one.

I want to get a whole Peaches and Herb thing going on here.
    The website says they stream online but I dont know about that.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a woman but I bet I would look great in a dress and a blond wig.
    The show must go on.......but I don't do heels

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

yea, in a dress, a blong wig and 5 o clock shadow like Tony Curtis and JAck Lemmon in Some like it Hot. Hahahahaha!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

An English radio program here in Santiago???

Wish you the best of luck but it don't think it will fly for long as it will just be a novelty.

If on the other hand if you focus on balada, bolero and salsa, and the occasional gringo song you might have a chance - which of course means you'll need to do it in Spanish - no problem as you are a 3s/r it should be easy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Why wouldnt it be successful? You see the radio band in Santiago, there are already 3 stations on the FM band for every segment of music. No one can corner the market because no one has continuous electricity. I m not buying the station and I m not playing 24 hours of music. They are already playing jazz music. They already have ad space. Clearly you dont listen to the station. My target isnt for Dominicans who listen to merengue et al. I am inserting my tastes into programming that already exists.

Even still, for the english speaking person who lives in the range of the signal it might be of interest to them. Plus it may broaden the horizons of the people who listen to music here. Especially with a call in segment. The only people who call in radio here are people without electricity giving shout outs.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You cannot play Pandora offshore can you?
    I think it is US bsaed only

Pandora Radio - Listen to Free Internet Radio, Find New Music

WW

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

there are a bunch of them. I think Pandora was MSN Radio. They have radio-direct, radio-online, worldwideradio, among others. Plus every media player comes with a radio program function but all of them dont have actual radio stations but more like combined playlists of genres. Many of the less popular ones require Winamp, or Real Player to listen in. Real Networks has their own station program and a few years ago combined with Yahoo Radio, so on and so forth, but none of them can you carry with you in the car or at the gym or whatever. Pretty much all I would need to access a good record library is a very strong DSL/T1 line and my laptop. I use Napster for most of my music.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

When do you start with the new format?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidZ View Post
    When do you start with the new format?
    The format has changed as much as the on air talent knows his music. People play what they know well.
    I just havent figured out a time slot because I want a co-host, cant be no "Delilah and the Colonel" without a Delilah.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...good luck finding your Delilah..and keep us posted..I look forward to checking out your show...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast