• Thread starter carribbeanprincess
  • Start date

opening up a JiuJitsu fight club

C

carribbeanprincess

Hi guys,

My husband is thinking of opening up a JiuJitsu fight club in Gazcue.

What do you guys think is the market for something like this?

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
If he's Brazilian (or has practiced with them) and is teaching the popular form there's a chance you may find some talent in the DR...MMA is the fastest growing sport in the world.

The issue you may have is I doubt the schools in the DR have wrestling or weight lifting programs so your facility may need to be broader based...

After that it's finding customers who can pay for the classes...

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Sounds like a great idea as long as who can wait out the early stages before becoming profitable.
As mentioned MMA is the fastest growing sport lead by the UFC. Unfortunatley in this baseball country, you cannot even find a sportsbar in the Capital who even shows the UFC.
Again another area where this country needs to get caught up. I also believe there could be some talented prospects in the DR, if trained properly. Its just a matter of time before the sport evolves in the DR as well.
If your husband has Brazilian Jui jitsu, thats a great start, but i would seriously consider bringing in the muay thai kickboxing, boxing and wrestling coaches as well and be a full scale Mixed Martial Arts school.
These are the ones that make good money back in my hometown in Canada.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
and even a better question: Are you kimberlyindr using a different user name?

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
hahahahahaha................Colombo.......Ahh I mean......Racerx.............Almost fell off my bar stool after that question...........GOOD ONE..............