whats the deal with seabreeze hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2010
i have never been to DR, planning my first trip in mid august, i was wondering do any one has any info on the seabreeze hotel, i was recently on you tube and it looks like a very happening place

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i hope you weren't watching those bikini/booty contest videos on youtube. can't believe someone had a bikini/booty contest at hotel seabreeze. but here is the website.

HOTEL SEA BREEZE SOSUA | SOSUA HOTELS | Hotel Sosa | HOTELS SOSUA

the hotel sits around the corner from New Garden, Casa Valeria and Terra Linda (other hotel options). a brief 5 minute walk to the nightclubs and food is everywhere.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Stayed there and it's a nice clean place with a/c, quiet and relaxing.
Close to a lot of different restaurants and the beach.
As far as nightlife, there are quite a few different places to go to in close proximity.

mrpossibility68

Nov 30, 2007
i stayed at the seabreeze this past xmas/new years for 3 weeks.. not one complaint. would definately and will stay there again. clean, safe, nice, not one issue. ok maybe one.. if you need internet make sure to let them know only some rooms get wifi.. enjoy your stay

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i'm thinking of giving it a try in september. do those vendors on that street (the hotel is close to casa marina, sosua by the sea) bother you that much ? it seemed like a lot of people on that corner.

lumberjack69

May 21, 2009
i'm thinking of giving it a try in september. do those vendors on that street (the hotel is close to casa marina, sosua by the sea) bother you that much ? it seemed like a lot of people on that corner.

That is the smallest security issue I would worry about unless the place has bought some safes in the last few months.

If you search here and on other forums you will see that they at least up until April had these $15 little locking fireproof letter boxes screwed down to a table and they call it a safe. You be the judge as to where you want your passport, ID, credit cards, ATM cards and cash to be stored. Obviously only a fool would carry all these things around with him.

Don Antonios has a sign out front for $20 rooms $25 with AC after their renovation but If you want to pay $40 at Sea Breeze go ahead. By the way they don't include breakfast either.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
That is the smallest security issue I would worry about unless the place has bought some safes in the last few months.

If you search here and on other forums you will see that they at least up until April had these $15 little locking fireproof letter boxes screwed down to a table and they call it a safe. You be the judge as to where you want your passport, ID, credit cards, ATM cards and cash to be stored. Obviously only a fool would carry all these things around with him.

Don Antonios has a sign out front for $20 rooms $25 with AC after their renovation but If you want to pay $40 at Sea Breeze go ahead. By the way they don't include breakfast either.

Here we go again with the lumberjack69 bashing of the Seabreeze:squareeye

What's wrong lumberjack69, The security at Seabreeze wouldnt let your Clasico novia in with out her ID?

lumberjack69

May 21, 2009
Here we go again with the lumberjack69 bashing of the Seabreeze:squareeye

What's wrong lumberjack69, The security at Seabreeze wouldnt let your Clasico novia in with out her ID?

Never have or would stay there but I have seen pictures of the little letter boxes.

Nice to know you remember me though it makes me feel warm all over. LOL

I know Jihad is a nice guy but the issue remains I believe.

mrpossibility68

Nov 30, 2007
too much.. i rarely post... but i will tell you this .. the vendors on the corner are typical vendors and with tourism down they try harder.. as far as the "fire boxes" call them what you want.. i NEVER had an issue.. and it was packed.. even big enough to fit my net book.. althought there where many days i didnt even put it in the safe. smart?? maybe not... but nothing happened. alwasy had little money on the night stand.. not as a test .. just a pain to keep going in and out of safe. again NEVER had an issue..

are there cheaper places.. yes.. but lets face it .. its only 40 bucks..

the sea breeze came recommended by a friend who travels to sosua often at weeks at a time.. i had my worried.. but after my 22 days at the sea breeze i do highly recommend it..

if you are going for an extended stay..check it out for a few nights or a week if you dont like it go somewhere else.

paddler1

Oct 12, 2007
After visiting Sosua three times and staying at the AI we decided to stay at a hotel and eat at the local restaurants. The first hotel we went too was a disaster so we went looking for alternate accommodation. We met Jihad at the entrance of the Seabreeze and he set us up with rooms. It was perfect, the room was modest but very comfortable. The hotel had a small pool but very clean. I thought the hotel was very professionally operated and the staff were great. I enjoyed many a conversation with Pierre and if you needed any information ,Willis in the little shop at the entrance was always willing to help.
I met many interesting people there and never once felt insecure. The safe was adequate to keep out casual thieves, but in reality the most secure vault will not protect against determined criminals. The best protection is to keep very little cash on hand and have all your cards pinned. I make a photocopy of my passport and keep it separate in case I lose or have my passport stolen. I wouldn't describe the Seabreeze as a family hotel but its a great place for travelers to chill out and check out Sosua. On another note, all the popular restaurants and pubs served good food and we had awesome time.

theheights718

Jan 27, 2009
i hope you weren't watching those bikini/booty contest videos on youtube. can't believe someone had a bikini/booty contest at hotel seabreeze. but here is the website.

HOTEL SEA BREEZE SOSUA | SOSUA HOTELS | Hotel Sosa | HOTELS SOSUA

the hotel sits around the corner from New Garden, Casa Valeria and Terra Linda (other hotel options). a brief 5 minute walk to the nightclubs and food is everywhere.

I guess you are not into the ladies then....no offense at all....I'm just saying, whats wrong with the bikini parties...isn't that what most people go to Sosua for anyway, the chicas? That is what hotel seabreeze is most know for...their bikini contest and convenience!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
let me bring this thread back to life after 6 months. i am thinking of doing Seabreeze in March. any scheduled bikini parties ? :laugh:
or maybe i can do my own, 6000 pesos first prize, 3000 pesos second prize, 1000 pesos third prize.

if not then back to old faithful Terra Linda or New Garden.....

SNH

Jul 24, 2010
Easy as 1,2,3

let me bring this thread back to life after 6 months. i am thinking of doing Seabreeze in March. any scheduled bikini parties ? :laugh:
or maybe i can do my own, 6000 pesos first prize, 3000 pesos second prize, 1000 pesos third prize.

if not then back to old faithful Terra Linda or New Garden.....

Kyle you have to schedule your own bikini parties at seabreeze, you have to buy the food, drink + give prize money if you want not necessary.

Just talk to the owner, he will tell you what to do, he is usually always there and hella cool. Just let him know you want to throw another pool party, its not his first rodeo.

Let us know when the party is,

Seabreeze may be a little more than $25 a night but, I call it a peace of mind tax, security is air tight in seabreeze.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i was only kidding about the bikini party (10,000 pesos is a lot of fun money)but the youtube videos do look interesting. maybe i need to call because he hasnt answered my email...

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Kyle, figure 10 guys at 100usd each gets you 37mil pesos. Prize money, and 27mil for food and beer. Not bad. Being able to see your future wife for the day out of them tight jeans. Priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.