Need help with my pool!!!

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
Hi we're new here and we don't know how to properly run our pool filter apparently. We put in a ton of chlorine on our pool man's advice. We did this last night, he said by this morning the pool would be clear. It looks like it hasn't filtered at all, it's a very cloudy white. The instructions on the pump are in Spanish. We'd REALLY like to swim today. Can anyone help??

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Chlorine only kills bacteria and algae.
Some of this particles are so "light" they will just hover in the water.
So, as windeguy suggeste, you need flocculant to make them "heavy", so they settle on the ground and you can vac'em up.
Pool filters skim off only the the floating stuff. Hence, your water inlets are called "skimmers". You need to direct your jets so the push the floating dirt TOWARD the skimmers and not away (many Dominican build pools may have jets next to the skimmers! WRONG!).

You may want to google yourself some online guides on how to take care of your pool yourself.

You will also need to learn about PH balances and such...

It's easy once you know and have the proper chemicals and measuring tools.

You can do it! :)

... J-D.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
cloudy means it will be clear in a day- everything is dead so basically its helps to use it and swish the water around

NHS

May 2, 2010
I read this then i showed it to our pool guy when he came round, he says there are different types of chlorine granules around at the moment one of them when mixed with water and added to the pool turns the water cloudy, the other type doesent change the colour of the water at all, he rekons that you proberbly have the first type and an easy remody to clear the chlorine is to add some muratic acid maybee one or two gallons depending on the size of the pool and you should see an almost immediate effect, hope this helps, the pool guy we use is from "top to bottom" pool maintenance if you pm me i can let you have his contact details, we have allways found him to be honest and very knowlegable

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Ochoa in Santiago has a real "pool guy" that will service your pool professionally. He will also play golf with you! But do not bet with him!

HB

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
Thanks!!

Thanks so much everyone! We are using the same person as has been recommended, he immediately knew how to solve our problem and get us up and swimming today:bunny: Is there a place here to write a good or bad report on business persons?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Thanks so much everyone! We are using the same person as has been recommended, he immediately knew how to solve our problem and get us up and swimming today:bunny: Is there a place here to write a good or bad report on business persons?

It must be years ago, I suggested we'd have a GOOD TO DO BUSINESS WITH Forum. A BAD report list would soon be sooooo long and controversial.
Still, it could be a tricky one to moderate.

Glad you have your pool going. Wished I had one... it's so hot lately.

... J-D.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I use the same pool guy (Top to Bottom) as the OP and my water is always crystal clear. I have recommended him to a number of people who all sing his praises!