New cellular/internet/HD Cable TV for DR!!!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
digamecellulad03ar06bp01zl.png

Developing news for the DR's telecommunication market:

"Digame Cellular" will be the new and first "flat rate" cellular service in the DR since early Jan 2009 under the newly formed company in the DR "Earthcom Service C.por A.", which itself is a subsidiary of "Earthcom Service Inc" -a focus services oriented cellular business in the USA market.

The matrix company and whole owner of "Digame Cellular" has vast experience in 3G and recently introduced 4G technologies, having worked to that implementation with the USA market providers like T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T Wireless, Clearwire, Alcoa Wireless, LCC Wireless, General Dynamics, Mitrixx, and CLS Wireless. While itself moving into providing services in the local USA market under their matrix house, currently installing fully owned cell towers and frequencies to that end; Under Earthcom Service C.por A. they seek to implement the most technologically advanced cellular phone network in the DR, as well as 100% digital cable with HD/3D, open high-speed internet and digital commercial/residential telephone services.

As Earthcom Service Inc's matrix assisted multiple major service providers in the USA make the jump into flat rate services- itself the fastest growing sector of that market in the USA- it looked at the Dominican Republic as the next logical step to expand its line of services.

Under Earthcom Service C.por A, the company seeks to provide native 3G and 4G networks as initial offerings for the Dominican market. Where based in the recent complaints from INDOTEL to the local service providers, the company seeks to introduced redundant service uptime and the insertion of residential internet services, which will offer speeds above 40 Mbps downstream / 20 Mbps upstream (service speeds that are not offered in that market as of today).

"The Dominican Republic market is loaded with potential to grow a very effective multiplatform business, the power of acquisition and demands are there. While it recently boasted of a very efficient telecommunication industry, today the reality is that it has become far too expensive, lacking in reliability and the minimal standards of services available in comparable markets." said the Dominican Republic's company representative.

The company has been engaged in conducting studies to implement a 100% optical fiber network in the Dominican Republic's major city centers. They seek to bring full digital HD TV with 3D capabilities into homes, while offering remote digital live-video surveillance to business in general. Among the Caribbean and Central American nations, the Dominican Republic boasts the title as the largest importer of HDTV sets to date. Not having a fully digital TV-cable service network in place, the demand and potential grows even more each year.

We have ended the procurement of licensing frequencies for our flat rate offering in the Dominican Republic, as of this time, we're moving to install the optical fiber network and towers needed to open up for business in the Dominican market soon. As expected INDOTEL is working hard to bring several new optical fiber cable links to the DR, at which time we expect to cut in half our expected costs for now.

In a short period of time, the Dominican Republic will boast of having the fastest internet service, newest HD/3D digital cable network and quite possibly, the most advanced cellular services with a flat rate in the western hemisphere. The company is not sugar coating their entrance and offerings in the Dominican market either, they expect long established competitors like Codetel, Orange and others to follow suit right after their introduction in their markets. But one thing the representative for the newly formed services company in the DR is telling us, it’s that they must all work with having existing old technologies/infrastructure in place that needs to be upgraded. While the newcomer Earthcom Service C.por A. will be fully installed using the latest in available technologies, with room for upgrades as they come into the market.

The flat-rate service market in the USA is one of the most rapidly growing sectors of that services oriented business. The company expects to have fierce competition for the over 6 million client's base in the DR, while they seek to compensate what they lack in brand recognition, in the shape of the most advanced the industry can offer to their new potential clients.

PR-Logo-GlobeNewswire.gif

Investor's newsletter July 2010. CR.

Last edited:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I hope this is true, but when I see it I will believe it. And I certainly would not invest in this venture.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Do you know anything about them or you just found a copy of a press release?

The thing that struck me was the release is dated July, 2010 but it mentions they provide flat rate cel service since Jan 2009 & their webpage says they're based in Pto Plata. I've never heard of them before.

Also, the webpage looks incomplete & the only link that works is to join some membership that includes monthly drawings for free stays at hotels in Pto Plata. Oh, and you can send them money via PayPal to be eligible for the drawings. More info on that than anything else. Just seems weird.

And, the websites are all in English, which makes a lot of sense for a Dominican market??

Digame Cellular :: Home
http://www.ventureclub.info

Also seems the company that recently acquired digame is a penny stock trading OTC. Are the Elliots involved in this? ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The company has been engaged in conducting studies to implement a 100% optical fiber network in the Dominican Republic's major city centers.

It sounds to me like they haven't laid a single inch of fibre.
That will take months if not years to roll out here.

I wish them well... but I have lost count the amount of press releases I have seen like this over the years.

Jan 9, 2004
Calling them a penny stock...

would be a compliment. Current share price of the parent company, ticker symbol OTOW.PK is .0037 per share. Digging a little deeper and looking at their last 10q filing reveals why the stock is currently trading at that level.

Any serious player entering the DR telcom market is going to need a lot of capital to butt heads with Carlos Slim and Codetel. Unfortunately for the DR consumer these guys do not appear to have it.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Do you know anything about them or you just found a copy of a press release?

The thing that struck me was the release is dated July, 2010 but it mentions they provide flat rate cel service since Jan 2009 & their webpage says they're based in Pto Plata. I've never heard of them before.

Also, the webpage looks incomplete & the only link that works is to join some membership that includes monthly drawings for free stays at hotels in Pto Plata. Oh, and you can send them money via PayPal to be eligible for the drawings. More info on that than anything else. Just seems weird.

And, the websites are all in English, which makes a lot of sense for a Dominican market??

Digame Cellular :: Home
http://www.ventureclub.info

Also seems the company that recently acquired digame is a penny stock trading OTC. Are the Elliots involved in this? ;)

Last edited:

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
would be a compliment. Current share price of the parent company, ticker symbol OTOW.PK is .0037 per share. Digging a little deeper and looking at their last 10q filing reveals why the stock is currently trading at that level.

Any serious player entering the DR telcom market is going to need a lot of capital to butt heads with Carlos Slim and Codetel. Unfortunately for the DR consumer these guys do not appear to have it.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

With all due respect your words have some truth,but it amazes me how often I read/hear how you must have as deep of pockets as the competition to compete in the DR. If this was true could you imagine how expensive products would be.
The overpriced poor service telecom market in the DR needs a new guy on the block to shake things up a little...If Slim wants to fight this with money, maybe CODETEL will wakeup...

Jan 9, 2004
There is no question...

in most peoples minds that the DR Telcom market is overpriced with poor service...and that real competition would serve to level the playing field a bit.

However, the number 1 reason that businesses fail, in any country, is due to lack of adequate capital.....and if you read the latest 10q of this company....you may better understand my skepticism.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

With all due respect your words have some truth,but it amazes me how often I read/hear how you must have as deep of pockets as the competition to compete in the DR. If this was true could you imagine how expensive products would be.
The overpriced poor service telecom market in the DR needs a new guy on the block to shake things up a little...If Slim wants to fight this with money, maybe CODETEL will wakeup...

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
If they have a spare US$400,000,000 cash then they can roll this out.
They intend just 600,000 customers? Not enough.

Which frequency are they applying for?

Sounds like nonsense to me unless they co-locate and use existing infrastructure.

Jan 9, 2004
With a market cap of...

If they have a spare US$400,000,000 cash then they can roll this out.
They intend just 600,000 customers? Not enough.

Which frequency are they applying for?

Sounds like nonsense to me unless they co-locate and use existing infrastructure.

.12M, and a terrible looking balance sheet, I would say they are just a few bucks short.;)

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The info above I posted was included on a multi-part newsletter, but I also just read about the same on a Dominican Today news article -short as it always turns out to be on related data- posted on their front page.

Earthcom Service enters Dominican market
Santo Domingo.– O2 Secure Wireless, Inc. announced that through its subsidiary, Earthcom Service Inc., the Company has entered into the Dominican marketplace and currently maintains assets in the country as the company secures its coverage objective.

There have been recent increasing reports of continual down time and service unreliability in the Dominican cellular services market. Earthcom believes that these conditions are favorable to its strategy of gaining market share by initially penetrating the cellular market and introducing other services, such as wireless cable, internet, and home telephone.

According to the Company's strategy, it is expected that there will be a high demand for Earthcom's services in light of these current conditions.

http://dominicantoday.com/dr/technology/2010/7/3/36203/Earthcom-Service-enters-Dominican-market

I see them as young guns vying for some investors, but the goals are not that far fetched from being money making in the DR.

I had a chat with a friend involved in INDOTEL and was assured that they're courting some companies from Taiwan and South Korea to come to the DR's market, that's with the full and open support from INDOTEL -which was given to Codetel, Orange and all the major players in the DR to no avail- to take part in upgrading the service providers and competition at home.

One fact that I was surprised with in the newsletter, was the one stating the DR is currently the largest importer of HDTV sets in CA and the Caribbean!!! I didn't know that!

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
One fact that I was surprised with in the newsletter, was the one stating the DR is currently the largest importer of HDTV sets in CA and the Caribbean!!! I didn't know that!

I guess each politico must be bringing in many HDTV sets, duty free. Or maybe they are less than truthful.

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
As Earthcom Service Inc's ... looked at the Dominican Republic as the next logical step to expand its line of services.

That's where I stopped reading. I'm sorry but I can't see the first logical thing about it.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
How unique.

A pump and dump penny stock company.

well, they *are* unique in that they are asking for $50-$250 individual investments that include the chance for free trips to Puerto Plata!!! How many pump and dumps get that creative?? :bunny:

I wish there was a serious company planning to come to the DR and offer better pricing for wireless services, internet, cable, etc...but it most certainly isn't this company...they seem much more like a SCAM than a solution...