It is with Deep Regret - Lambada has passed away.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
That I announce the loss of our precious friend Ginnie (Lambada) yesterday in the late evening.
Some might not know about the books she has written and the ones that were in progress. The energy and passion she had in those endeavours had fooled me into believing that she would live forever or at least for a long long time.
She was to come to a party with us later on today (Sunday) only to fall ill and pass away. There are no words to describe the sad surprise and the terrible sense of loss.
Ginnie lived a good life, rich with help and assistance for those who needed it.
The world might choose to remember her as an author, but I will remember Ginnie most for her kind heart.

Goodbye Dear Ginnie.
May your new path be smooth and easy.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
WHAT!!!!!!?? I'm out of words!! My more sincere condolences to Grahame (BushBaby).

DR1 has lost one if not THE one most respected and prolific poster in it's history.

May she rest in peace.

Reactions: mike l

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
I did not know her .......But I read alot of her posts over the years............My condolences..........

Feb 7, 2007
Oh dear! I am so sorry to hear this! My deepest condolences to Grahame! This is so unexpected! I am speechless.. :(
May you rest in eternal Peace!

Bainy

Aug 7, 2004
Our thoughts and prayers are with Grahame and family. Rest in enternal peace Ginnie.

Reactions: mike l

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Wow...I'm speechless. This is a great loss to the DR1 family. Even though I never met her in person she was one of those people you almost feel like you know them. I enjoyed her posts very much and she always responded with class even in the face of silly arguments. Rest in peace and my most sincere condolences to Grahame and family.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
It is so hard to find the words to express my feelings. This is such a total shock - we have been exchanging emails on a daily basis this week and I was so looking forward to seeing Ginnie next month. I am bringing out copies of her new book from the UK. I am truly devastated and my sincere condolences to Grahame.

RIP Ginnie - POP will not be the same without you.

Rio :cry:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
My heart goes out to Grahame. I am shocked beyond words.
Ginnie, you had a whole lot more to give. This was the last thing we expected.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
We are stunned and devastated by this tremendously sad news.... RIP to our good friend, Ginnie, and all condolences to Grahame and all her family and friends in this time of grieving.

Ohh my God I cant believe I am reading this right now! My heartfelt condolences to Graehme and the rest of their family. I will always remember how Ginnie and Graehme were the best hosts when I was new to the north coast, they made me feel at home and always steered me in the right direction. Ginnie was truly a person who enjoyed helping people and I am certain she is in a better place because she was one of the nicest people I have met in DR or anywhere else for that matter.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
My condolences, and prayers. While I had never met in person, Lambada (Ginnie) was like a friend since we shared this board since around 2001.
She left a legacy of honest & frank discussions, good advices. We?ll definitely miss her.
Grahame can be proud of her legacy.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Shock, sadness, and a true sense of loss. Ginnie you'll be greatly missed for your wit, intelligence, determination, joy of daily life, your perspective on living in The Dominican Republic, and your willingness to share it all with others.

Grahame, may you find the strength to get through this difficult time...

RIP Ginnie.

Grahame:

Through the pain and loss you feel
You can count on our 'support'
We'll be with you, in spirit
And in mind and heart and thought

And though it will be difficult
In the days ahead of you
Try to face the future bravely
As Ginnie would want you to.

R.I.P. Ginnie