full veterinary services

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
Hi, we are looking for a vet that will be able to do a full medical check on our dog. He will possibly need to have x-rays and blood tests taken. The vet that we use now, although very good does not have a fully equipped surgery. So we are looking for any suggestions that might help in the cabarete/Sosua area, although a small journey is not impossible.
many thanks.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Hi, we are looking for a vet that will be able to do a full medical check on our dog. He will possibly need to have x-rays and blood tests taken. The vet that we use now, although very good does not have a fully equipped surgery. So we are looking for any suggestions that might help in the cabarete/Sosua area, although a small journey is not impossible.
many thanks.

Dr. Bob next to Coastal is very good; if he has medical equipment (x-rays etc..) i don't know though. he does surgery and speaks english
I use the Vet Dr. Luis Brugal in Puerto Plata. He has his own x-ray machine (i think it's digital) certain lab work he is doing himself more specific he sends to a Lab not far from his consultation. He works 7 days a week . His location is next to Ceducomp Calle Antera Mota
Closed during mid day and open until 7pm

What problem does the dog have?

Britcouple

Aug 13, 2009
Thanks for your help. We will try Dr Bob's first, then if he does not have the equipment necessary then we will try those in PP. Our dog is a 5/6 month old rescue dog, who hadnt been eating and was rather neglected. Our local vet treated him for conjuncitivitis which has not improved, indeed it has got worse. Also he now has trouble eating, he wants to eat, but it seems he can't swallow. He is also sneezing alot and has a discharge from his nose. We are not sure if has got a chicken bone stuck in his throat ( not given to him by ourselves) or whether he has an inflammation/infection there. He is certainly not a well dog, who we want to help as much as we can. We have had all his vaccinations brought up to date. Any firther suggestions or advise would be most welcome.
Once again thank you.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I am not a vet for sure, I suggest that you go as soon as you can to one. In the mean time you can try to give him some yoghurt, that goes in well and most dogs love it and its nutricious.
Very nice that you want to help this dog!

Aug 21, 2007
Dr. Bob is a very good vet and close friend. However, he does not have x-ray equipment. He does blood work, which he sends out to a local lab. If you do not need further investigation into the problem, I would recommend Dr. Bob. If you think your pet needs tests, perhaps you would be better served by one of the vets mentioned in Puerto Plata.

Lindsey