Quality of Dominican health care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
A few years ago, Lambada wrote that it was a myth that "health care in the DR was primitive" link:Expat Focus - Debunking Seven Myths about Living in the Dominican Republic

Yesterday she passed away. Per her partner Graham's comment:

We therefore got a doctor out to give her a heavier (intravenous) dose whence I was informed there was nothing serious & no need for an operation etc .............. How wrong can a doctor be?? Finally I had to insist she went to CMC for proper care & it was whilst the ambulance was taking her there that she died.
link:http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/104300-deep-regret-10.html#post870830

In 2007, longtime DR1 member, Rick Snyder passed away. Anna made this post at the time:

I sent Rick's family in the US an email and his brother Steve told me it took almost 2 hours for an ambulance to reach Rick but he had already passed away by then. Steve suggested it would be a good topic to discuss on the board and one in which I'm sure Rick would have taken part in.
link:http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/62804-rick-snyder-very-sad-news-4.html#post520227

these are two expats with some of the deepest experience for doing well in the DR. if anyone had the best possible care in their respective areas, it should have been them.

Therefore those of you who are older and living in the DR may want to think very seriously about this.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
IMHO its very much appropriate. i bet most new posters aren't even aware of rick passing away in 2007 due to the ambulance not making it in time since it barely comes up now.

however mods please feel free to delete this thread if its deemed inappropriate. my intent was to contribute and bring something positive out of a very sad situation, and i did my best to provide supporting research exactly as Lambada would have.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Give it a bit of time

This is a topic that could be beneficial to discuss, but it would be best to wait a couple of weeks. At this time, too many are in shock at losing such an important member of the community. At the very least, let us wait until after the memorial service people have a chance to grieve.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Let's open this discussion at a more appropriate time and if and when BushBaby would like to post in the thread.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.