Memoriam for passed Dr1'ers, what do you think

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I was thinking how nice it would be for a section to be added to DR1 for members that have passed on. A little of there personal information with a photo so we would never forget them. Dr1 is a family of contributers that even with all the quibbling, bickering, and sarcasm, there is a special camaraderie that binds us together and our fallen should never be forgotten.
Robert put together something that is bigger then he probably ever dreamed possible, and another way to make it grander would be to honor our beloved fallen members. Robert, your thoughts would be appreciated......

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
With all my respect, I like the idea.
We lost a few love ones.
Mr. Rick Snyder
Gregg "Fireguy"
and now our "Lambada"
Rest all in peace...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: cobraboy

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We lost a few love ones.
Mr. Rick Snyder
"Fireguy"
and now our "Lambada"
Rest all in peace...
Absolutely...

Feb 7, 2007
I think the Memorial is a good think, to pay our tribute to contributions these members made to DR1 community and the world.

We lost a few love ones.
Mr. Rick Snyder
"Fireguy"
and now our "Lambada"
Rest all in peace...

One thing though, are you burying this guy alive?

Reactions: waytogo

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I think it is a good idea. I like the idea of being part of a family, albeit sometimes a dysfunctional one.

As far the aforementioned members who are now for sure in a better place, I can't think of any better examples of selflessness and conscientiousness.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
We lost a few love ones.
Mr. Rick Snyder
"Fireguy"
and now our "Lambada"
Rest all in peace...

We lost Fireguy (Gregg) not Hlywud

add to that list

Johnny Honda - I see Bob already mentioned him.

El Jefe

There's more but can't seem to come up with usernames right now

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I think the Memorial is a good think, to pay our tribute to contributions these members made to DR1 community and the world.

One thing though, are you burying this guy alive?

So, sorry...omg

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
We lost a few love ones.
Mr. Rick Snyder
Hlywud "Fireguy"
and now our "Lambada"
Rest all in peace...

I apologize for mistaken and write "Hlywud" in this list.

Mr. Johnny Honda
Mr. Rick Snyder
Mr. Gregg Andrews (Fireguy)
Mrs. Ginnie Bedggood (Lambada)

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
I like this idea. Online memorials have been increasing in popularity for a while as well, it's a cheap and easy way to remember those who go before us.

This forum is odd in the fact that many of us have a fairly strong unifying bond, the fact we live in a strange' new 'country. Even though I don't agree with everyone on here and others are the same or even worse than I am and even if we haven't all met (and probably won't ) the unifying theme still exists.

Good idea.

Beyond the Beach Children's Foundation will be establishing a Memorial in Gregg's (Fireguy) memory in late October at the El Mundo Meijor Boys Orphanage in Higuey as a lasting tributee to his dedication to these boys.

Sr. Gregg Andrews la Computadora Conmemorativa y habitaci?n T?cnica

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
With the low interest in doing a memoriam on Dr1, I doubt that Robert who makes the decision to do this, will even consider it. That's a shame......

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2007
With the low interest in doing a memoriam on Dr1, I doubt that Robert who makes the decision to do this, will even consider it. That's a shame......

Low interest? Don't be too sure...... I think most would support the idea even if they didn't jump on the bandwagon and post. I, for one, didn't post, yet I think you have a great idea, Waytogo.

Lindsey

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Low interest? Don't be too sure...... I think most would support the idea even if they didn't jump on the bandwagon and post. I, for one, didn't post, yet I think you have a great idea, Waytogo.

Lindsey

Hi Lindsey, I wish it was my decision to make but it isn't. I haven't seen any response from Robert about this and he is the decision maker. And you may call me Barry.

Barry

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Just my two cents but when a new idea comes along you kind of have to present the what, where and who/whom.

What form will this take place?
where are we going to post it? Example, in the media gallery or in a thread?
most of all who is going to take the responsibility of posting all the correct info of the person that has passed on along with their picture?

This is what needs to be worked out when making a new presentation/idea on DR1. ;)

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Anna, thank you for an informative response. Obviously it couldn't be a thread unless it was a sticky, so, it could be a listing along with Resort reviews, Directories, Classifieds, News Archive, and Archive at the bottom of the page. As far as taking responsibility, why couldn't a moderator be appointed the position to oversee the posting of this information, and this information only. There are quite a few intelligent worthwhile members on this forum that would probably jump at the chance to be a part of this.
This is out of respect for members that have passed on and shouldn't be forgotten.
If I am being out of line please tell me so and I will not post anymore on this thread.

Barry

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Anna, thank you for an informative response. Obviously it couldn't be a thread unless it was a sticky, so, it could be a listing along with Resort reviews, Directories, Classifieds, News Archive, and Archive at the bottom of the page. As far as taking responsibility, why couldn't a moderator be appointed the position to oversee the posting of this information, and this information only. There are quite a few intelligent worthwhile members on this forum that would probably jump at the chance to be a part of this.
This is out of respect for members that have passed on and shouldn't be forgotten.
If I am being out of line please tell me so and I will not post anymore on this thread.

Barry

Yes your idea is good but just so you know we mods volunteered for our positions. No extra work is appointed unless a mod volunteers for it. Best to find someone that is interested in taking care of this and then present to Robert by pm.

Good luck