Cigar tours

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The Dominican Republic is known worldwide for its fine cigars, preferred worldwide. Now, Tabacalera de Garcia, famous for their brands Montecristo, Romeo y Julieta, H. Upmann, Don Diego, Santa Damiana, VegaFina, Onyx has opened the doors to their factory and is sharing their story and the secrets that make their cigars leaders worldwide.

All the more convenient, the factory is practically walking distance from Casa de Campo, and is a must to be included in a visit of Altos de Chavon and Bayahibe beaches, or when playing a round of golf in La Romana courses.

We are proud to have them as new sponsors of DR1, so we can let you all in on this new attraction, and motivate all to take the tour. Note there are different categories of tours, depending on how much you know or want to know about cigars. This is a tour for tourists and for everyone who lives in the DR and wants to get a better understanding of cigar culture.

For more information, and to book the tour, see

Cigar Shop and Cigar Factory Tours - Dominican Republic

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
great initiative... but known worldwide???

it constantly surprises me that a country with such good products like the cigars, the rum, the coffee is not represented in any way in other countries...

and this coming from someone who spend the last 25 years of his life promoting products all over the world...

sorry

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com

it constantly surprises me that a country with such good products like the cigars, the rum, the coffee is not represented in any way in other countries...

and this coming from someone who spend the last 25 years of his life promoting products all over the world...

sorry

You don't think Romeo y Julieta, Montecristo, and H. Upmann are known worldwide? Tabacalera de Garcia is part of Altadis, one of the largest tobacco companies in the world...and they are members of ProCigar, an organization of Dominican Tobacco companies that promote Dominican cigars all over the world...

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

sorry

Cigar lovers in the US are, I believe, very aware of Dominican cigar brands. Unfortunately, step into any liquor store in most places here and you'll only see Puerto Rican/Jamaican/etc rum. Asking about Brugal, Barcelo, Bermudez will only get you a puzzled look. It's only fairly recently that Presidente [and even more recently Presidente Light] has been available near us. Dominican coffee? Almost impossible to find unless you're in a Dominican bodega. When we ran out one year I resorted to EBay!

AE