Need a contador

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Edenorte is saying they have no 'contadores' (electric meters) and without one I can't get power set up.

Any solution to this?

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Incredible indeed - thanks for the tip.

Anyone ever purchased one privately?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The more I read problems like this, the more I realize how backward some areas of the country are. It's a lame excuse, they just don't want to incur the cost, despite installing it for an account that they know will pay.

I suggest you start hassling people, calling, hanging out at their office etc.
Find a couple of their contractors, ask them. They will know how to resolve the problem. Especially if you grease their palms a little.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The more I read problems like this, the more I realize how backward some areas of the country are. It's a lame excuse, they just don't want to incur the cost, despite installing it for an account that they know will pay.

I suggest you start hassling people, calling, hanging out at their office etc.
Find a couple of their contractors, ask them. They will know how to resolve the problem. Especially if you grease their palms a little.

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Apparently they had a number of them and someone had stolen them and sold them.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Tell them since they don't have a meter for you that they should connect your electricity and put you on a flat-rate contract. Don't let them tell you they don't do that - we don't have a meter, and we pay the same amount each month, even though the properties around us have meters. They'll lose money on the deal without a meter - I'll bet they magically find one for you!

AE

Reactions: cobraboy

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
Good advice AE and that is what I found out as well. Am seeing if we can get that done.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Tell them since they don't have a meter for you that they should connect your electricity and put you on a flat-rate contract. Don't let them tell you they don't do that - we don't have a meter, and we pay the same amount each month, even though the properties around us have meters. They'll lose money on the deal without a meter - I'll bet they magically find one for you!

AE
Not bad advice at all...:cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.