Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wake/memorial service for Ginnie ( Lambada)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wake/memorial service for Ginnie ( Lambada)

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    when is the funeral or wake? and where?
    My apologies to all who have been waiting for this information but processing the death of an Ex-Pat loved one in this country can be a little time consuming .................... AND frustrating.

Thanks to some pretty nifty footwork by some really switched on friends last Saturday, I was not detained for questioning as to what, how, why & when when I visited the hospital to verify Ginnie's death etc. Dealing with Dominican Officialdom can be bad enough but if they then have to talk to OTHER Dominican Officialdom that in turn has to talk to British Officialdom & things take ..................... A WEE BIT LONGER!!

The WHERE for the wake/memorial service WILL be taking place at OUR house. Those who do not know where this is can e-mail me for an address & map of how to get here.

The DATE Wednesday July 14 at 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm

(the short serious bit will be about 4.00PM)
    Short stories, reminiscences, experiences of SWMBO can be performed at will but please limit them to 3 minutes each

(get here early for the best seats!!) seems to be the best choice but I need to have confirmation that the urn WILL BE here, first.

PLEASE, this date is only offered here to help those expecting to come plan their movements for next week. We are arranging some buffet catering with non alcoholic drinks so please let me know if you are likely to come to assist catering requirement planning.

(Oh .......... & thanks to all those who plugged the book in this thread. Copies for those not yet having read it WILL be available on the day ALL monies received (not just the profits) will go towards the Foundation we are going to set up in Ginnie's name).

Hope to see 100s of you here next week!! ~ Grahame.
    Last edited by AnnaC; 07-08-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: To add exact date and time

Post Thanks / Like

I moved your post into a new thread and made it a sticky for now so it won't be missed.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default In rememberance of Ginnie...

Mr WB and I will be there.... still don't believe it!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be there, and no doubt Ana Dominicana, hankies at the ready. I hope you're just about keeping afloat, Grahame.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Stapleton View Post
    I will be there, and no doubt Ana Dominicana, hankies at the ready. I hope you're just about keeping afloat, Grahame.
    Swimming like crazy Linda & get tired at times but every time I flag a tadd, ....... some force gives me a quick 'Kick Up The Backside'! Come feel the force folks ...... she is still around & wil be 'AT HOME' next week for sure!

Date is now confirmed as Wednesday 14th
    Location will be 'Our Place'
    Time 3.00 PM until 7.00 PM (the short serious bit will be about 4.00PM)
    Short stories, reminiscences, experiences of SWMBO can be performed at will but please limit them to 3 minutes each.
    Dress is casual, bright as you like but RESPECTFUL please. SHE will be watching & you don't want to incur her wrath like I used to!!

Conformations either here or via E-MAIL to me if you require a map.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Count on me to be there, Grahame!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Pat and I will be there.

Bob K

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Obit

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    I moved your post into a new thread and made it a sticky for now so it won't be missed.
    Grahame, this news hits like a ton of bricks, please accept our deepest condolences. I just heard about Ginnie's passing minutes ago and the first thing I did was come to dr1 to get the news. Can I suggest that now that Anna has made this sticky perhaps you post a brief obituary including exact date of memorial, etc. for those of becoming privy to this only now... Sincerely, Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Hall View Post
    Grahame, this news hits like a ton of bricks, please accept our deepest condolences. I just heard about Ginnie's passing minutes ago and the first thing I did was come to dr1 to get the news. Can I suggest that now that Anna has made this sticky perhaps you post a brief obituary including exact date of memorial, etc. for those of becoming privy to this only now... Sincerely, Tim

Hi Tim
    perhaps you might have missed the post above with the details so I'm posting it below again.

Date- is now confirmed as Wednesday 14th
    Location- will be 'Our Place'
    Time- 3.00 PM until 7.00 PM

(the short serious bit will be about 4.00PM)
    Short stories, reminiscences, experiences of SWMBO can be performed at will but please limit them to 3 minutes each.
    Dress is casual, bright as you like but RESPECTFUL please. SHE will be watching & you don't want to incur her wrath like I used to!!

Conformations either here or via E-MAIL to me if you require a map.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Milka and I will definately be there Grahame.

Rick

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast