CLASSICIO'S CURRENCY? What the FU$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
I guess that the Clasicos disco in Sosua has come up with the ultimate way to take advantage of the Gingo Tourist..

A few of my buddies were in town last weekend, so i met up with them for a few days in Sosua..It first started with the increase to 150 pesos to get in the disco..I can live with that because they give you a ticket for a free drink.. But when it was my turn to grab the presidentes, i was shocked at the 900 pesos for 6.:surprised.I am far from a cheap person, but there is nowhere that i know of in Sosua that rapes you for 150 pesos for a presidente..

O.K. then, you can say that if you dont like the prices dont go..but here is the kicker..When the bartender gives me my change, it's two 50 peso, round plastic, after one money..Yea, they gave me change in their own money.. Who the hell does this Guy think he is? Now even though i was going to tell the girl to keep the change, i ask her for my change in pesos..She says that is what they give small change in..So i tell he to keep her beer and give me my money back..She gets all rattled and calls over one of the Kings henchmen..He starts rambling the same bull as the girl... It's not worth the argument, so i just push those after one money crap on the floor and walk away..I just cant believe that this place can get away with this crap...The Place will never see another $$ from me..Boy, I cant wait to the new 2nd in command mayor makes things tough on that place:cheeky:

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
They think they are being slick.........But they're just rubbing people the wrong way............It won't last....... Taking the "GREED IS GOOD" thing to a whole new level..............

Reactions: waytogo

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Well you lot have it easy!
We lived in a lake, all 400 of us - we went to work 3 hours before we got up, licked the road clean and Fatther would beat us to sleep with a broken bottle!

But we was 'appy!

miozio

May 23, 2009
Oh, now i wanna go there... must be fun! s..t, almost forgot i've been there 5-6 times already. why? there is no other place to go. what the .... do i do? nooo, i should fly home and complain there... this clubbing thing sucks

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It might be time to get out the laminating machine to print some more Classicos Currency!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
a month ago when i was there i notice is that they ran out of 50 peso bills at the window where you pay and they gave me a piece of paper that was good for 50 pesos in the club.
so now they moved up from paper to plastic ? :ermm:

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Let's see...$5USD to get in and $5USD per beer....sounds like Nuevea Yol! (yeah I know the ripoff kings and queens of NY get 3 times that)...Maybe the owner of Creepicos heard that $5 a beer is the going rate in U.S. tropical tourist destinations and thinks the ex-pats will pay it...

So-sewer has just dropped another notch on my "never-goin-there-list"

Reactions: heliace

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Quote: "i was shocked at the 900 pesos for 6."

You are paying the tourist price. In certain places in Bavaro such as in the food court area of the Palma Real Shopping Village one pays about the same.

PJT went to a local pizza restaurant in Bavaro yesterday and purchased a beer at RD$ 130, vs at a local comado it could be purchased cold for RD$ 45.

When you are in a marketplace that depends upon the tourist dollar, you will pay the tourist price.

Regards,
PJT

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
please do not comment if you have never been there- it does tend to give a false impression

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
please do not comment if you have never been there- it does tend to give a false impression

Who made a false impression?
I am pretty sure Cobra has driven through town more than a few times. Classicos is not exactly Whole Foods now is it JR?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
ive never been bothered by the ladies- I do have a get out ploy though lol

although it doesnt always work lol

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I've been to Classicos. I've spent many days in Sosua since '87. My lawyer is in Sosua.

I know Sosua.

Status
Not open for further replies.