Young Female Dog Needs a Home

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Montserrat (Montsy) was found on the street in Santo Domingo in a very bad way. The person who found her brought her to a veterinarian in the Zona Universitaria. Montsy could barely lift her head and was near death. Her left knee was injured and and she will probably have limited use of that leg for the rest of her life. She may have been hit by a car or may have been mistreated by someone.

The vet and her family have been caring for her for four or five weeks and her recovery has been remarkable. As you can see from the video she is very playful and friendly. You can also see her limp which isn't bothering her much.

Montsy needs a good home. I'd take her in but I have my hands full with my two dogs in my condo.

The vet estimates her age as about 6 or 6 1/2 months.

She has been given a rabies vaccine and has been given an anti parasite treatment (vermifugada).

Additional vaccines are at the discretion of a new owner. I give my two dogs what the vet calls the 'sextuple'. It is a treatment given once a year and is designed to protect against Parvovirus, Hepatitis, Leptospiris, Distemper, Parainfluenza and Bordetella. It costs about 800 or 900 pesos.

If you are interested send me a private message. There is no cost to adopt her.

119qanp.jpg

f3fjw9.jpg

210g586.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hzr-Mc6TFTs&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hzr-Mc6TFTs&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Reactions: Tamborista

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Only In The North?

This dog looks very intelligent to me and will be a loyal friend to a new owner.
It seems, however, that doggies on the south coast have a lesser chance than those in the north to be adopted. :tired:

donP

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
This dog looks very intelligent to me and will be a loyal friend to a new owner.
It seems, however, that doggies on the south coast have a lesser chance than those in the north to be adopted. :tired:

donP

She really is a sweet friendly dog.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I have rehomed a rescued dog recently, it isn't easy in the city. I am paying for all the veterinary treatment to be done that might well run into the next few months or more. Having bills for the new owners will work against it, is there no way the vet will treat her for free?

She looks lovely as most of them are, I will keep my fingers crossed for her and I'd push the vet to help out, it will double her chances of a new home in a difficult city to get adopted.

Tileguy

Nov 30, 2010
She's gorgeous! And yes, she would make an ideal pet - looks like she has street smarts already built in. She will be a loyal dog for some lucky owner, you can tell. She just needs a place to call home.
I lived in Santo Domingo with dogs in a small apartment, no yard and had absolutely no problem - ever. They kept me safe and grounded in a city that at times could seem inhumane. As for vet bills, that is a responsibility of any animal owner; negligible to the companionship and love they return - regardless of which coast you happen to be on.

Please keep us posted on Montsy, she is such a beautiful dog with a whole life ahead of her!

Reactions: Celt202

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
She is a great looking dog. I wish you success in finding her a new home. Please keep us updated...Tom