Gunfight in Villa Magisterial

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2010/7/7/36239/Hired-killers-flaunt-their-firepower-in-Dominican-Republic

Santiago.- The country?s underworld of contract murders yesterday demonstrated stunning firepower by confronting an early morning raid in a barrio of this city, with an assistant DA, and three Police wounded, and two fugitives killed in a hail of gunfire.

The National Police affirmed that both men killed after confronting the authorities in the sector Villa Magisterial were linked to contract murders, cyber crimes, theft homicides and others.

The wounded are Assistant DA Jose An?bal Trejo, and the agents Frauly Paulino, Gregorio Mej?a and William Pimentel. The gunmen were identified as Sandy Enmanuel Grull?n and Rub?n Francisco Fernandez, wanted in the execution style murder of two men in Guaco, La Vega, whose bodies were found Monday night inside a SUV on the highway.

Police Rafael Guzm?n went to Santiago where he warned that they wage a ?frontal war? against organized crime and drug trafficking. He said that the uniformed one will not back down nor a millimeter in fulfilling its mission to protect the society of the delinquents. ?This is not a game for children, we are facing dangerous thugs because one of dead in the incident at Villa Magisterial, according to the preliminary investigation, was in Colombia the last week.?

The Police Chief stressed that the injured agents and Assistant DA were proceeding as legal authority when they were attacked by gunfire. He added that found in the crime scene were 80 high caliber bullet shells, shot from an M-16 carbine, two Glock pistols with a 30 round clip each, one M-16 and other military gear.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
This seems quite odd to me, I visited someone in that neighborhood and it seems like the last place where this would go on.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Looks like the cops may have been a bit naughty!

===

Photo challenges Police version
7dias.com.do publishes photographs that suggest the Police "planted" a gun to justify the crossfire in which Saldhy Enmanuel Grullon Villaman was killed. The online news site requested an explanation from the Police about the difference between the photo a journalist took on the scene and one that the Police distributed to the media. Grullon was shot dead in a clash with Police in Santiago when a district prosecutor sought to search an apartment in the Villa Magisterial area. The police said that Grullon Villaman and Ruben Nunez, who was also killed in the clash, were contract killers.

Police spokesman Nelson Rosario told Diario Libre that a commission would investigate the circumstances in which the two died in Santiago.

Peri?dico 7 D?as - Polic?a "plant?" fusil y pistola a uno de los muertos

Peri?dico 7 D?as

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
Didn't this happen two days ago?

I remember early in the morning on my way to PUCMM listening to a bunch of police sirens and turning the radio on to 101.something FM(the news guy that EVERYONE here listens to) and some reporter on a cell phone talking about shoot outs and ak-47's.

I thought I heard wrong, checked this site and figured I must have been wrong...

Too close to home, this better not become Jamimica/Mexico...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Maybe nothing wrong at all about the difference in the photos.

Perhaps the police just wanted to show in the photo the guns that had been used in the shootout. Maybe the gun were within feet of where the person died and they just moved it into range of taking the photo.

The police were perhaps over dramatic in depicting the deceased.

Witnesses should be able to say whether their was a massive shootout from BOTH sides.

The gun not being exactly at the scene of the body would be immaterial.

If there were such guns (M-16, etc) then the police were within their right to shoot.
There is no rational reason for the guns to have been in the possession and/or control of the deceased.

In this case I would side with the cops if in fact the guns were in the possession and/or control of the deceased. If they had the "illegal" guns in their possession or in their residence do you really care how they met their fate?

What better place to hide!
How many times have we heard things like the following?
This seems quite odd to me, I visited someone in that neighborhood and it seems like the last place where this would go on.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a cop with 6 bullet wounds, so I guess there were an assault rifle somewhere.
I think I doubt the program's photo which could have been taken after the Police photo...

According to today's reports the shell casings in La Vega matched up with the casings in Villa Magisterial..

HB