German fugitive arrested in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Another x-pat bites the dust.....

National Police assigned to Interpol made a dramatic arrest in Sosua on Tuesday. Stoltmann Uwe, a German citizen, was seized on Calle Mexico as he was riding his motorbike.

Uwe had made his home in Sosua but is wanted in his native country on six charges of drug trafficking and is the subject of an international arrest warrant no. 132h-2687/98, dated September 2, 1999. There are also outstanding European warrants against him dating from 2001 and 2008.
Police said extradition proceedings have been initiated and the fugitive will be sent back to Germany as soon as possible.

Anyone with more info?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
ok, here's another one....June 17

The National Drugs Control Agency (DNCD) has reported arresting three Canadians at Puerto Plata Airport attempting to smuggle cocaine in two pumpkins.

DNCD spokesman for the northern zone, Abel Rojas, said that Allen Rivette Lindsay, 23, Herd Khadjia, 19, and Augustin Clorianne, 20, were arrested by members of the CICC as they attempted to board an Air Transat flight to Montreal.

The tourists had been on vacation at a hotel in Playa Dorada and arrived at check in at the airport with two pumpkins in their luggage. Security officers found over 8 Kg of a substance presumed to be cocaine stuffed inside the pumpkins.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
this is sounding so much like the rise and fall of Boca Chica every day. anyone besides me seeing the resemblances ?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Place To Be

National Police assigned to Interpol made a dramatic arrest in Sosua on Tuesday. Stoltmann Uwe, a German citizen, was seized on Calle Mexico as he was riding his motorbike.
__international arrest warrant __dated September 2, 1999.

Dramatic arrest?
I cannot see anything dramatic here.
What is 'dramatic', however, is, that this guy was able to live freely in Sos?a for more than 10 (!) years with INTERPOL looking for him.
Sr. Uwe had made the right choice (and many others also do) to come here.
This place is paradise ...... for crooks.
He'll be back soon, I am sure.

donP

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
Dramatic arrest?
I cannot see anything dramatic here.
What is 'dramatic', however, is, that this guy was able to live freely in Sos?a for more than 10 (!) years with INTERPOL looking for him.
Sr. Uwe had made the right choice (and many others also do) to come here.
This place is paradise ...... for crooks.
He'll be back soon, I am sure.

donP

This is number one reason why all the wanted criminals rush here - this county does not require any criminal check. No questions asked about source of millions that are brought in here. Money laundring paradise.

Who are all these numerous Eastern European folks in their 30-35 y.o. who do not work, buy expensive villas, drive luxury cars, spend all days in restarants with those leggy blonds?

We all know what is going on here in Sosua.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
A picture?

Anyone have a photo - ten years is a long time lots of us probably knew him or saw him around town. Just curious!!
You never know who you might meet here but I dont see many "leggy blondes" running around town.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
there arent many in that age range that dont work - where are you seeing these people.

Sosua - World capital of money laundring.

SOV, Los Balcones, Galeria, Ispaniola Beach, Playa Laguna, Sky Dream, Perla Marina, SHR, Sosnovka,etc,etc,etc - all full of them up to rafters...

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
ive been there - I think most own holiday homes, so they dont make a living here, they only come for a few weeks a year

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I find it odd that so much drug business goes on in or around Sosua. In all my time around Sosua I have never met (many) people who indulge in drugs, the tourists are interested in girls and a good party and most know to stay well clear of anything to do with drugs or you will be caught out at some point, some day, I have never noticed a big drugs following from any nationality. Where does it all go?

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
If i was trying to hide out i guarantee you it would not be in Sosua..There are so many out of the way places that you could disapear to..Some people just love the action...

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Have been searching the Internet for a photo of this guy but cannot find anything. If somebody has anything please post it as there are many of us that have lived here for years and it is pretty much guaranteed that we have seen him around town....would be very interesting to see his face.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
here you go - hes criminal anyway

sitv_latino-sports_david-hasselhoff522.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.