PayiPal Debit Card

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Does the PayPal debit card work at Banco Popular in Sosua? If not, in the ATM of what Sosua bank does it work?

Apr 3, 2009
PayPal Debit Card

Does the PayPal debit card work at Banco Popular in Sosua? If not, in the ATM of what Sosua bank does it work?
I can't comment on the Banco Popular ATM in Sosua specifically; however, one can withdraw Dominican pesos from ATMs (Popular, Reservas, Scotia...) in the Dominican Republic using one's PayPal debit card.

There is a US$1.00 transaction fee and FX rates are the market (ATM/bank) rates.

-BB :bunny:

Reactions: mike l

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
AFAIK that PayPal Debit card is a master card, right?
so you can withdraw funds at any ATM that accepts Master Cards and you can pay Bills with it at any store that accepts Master Cards, and that nearly all around the Ilse, Master and Visa are the most accepted ones.
Mike

Reactions: mike l

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
That is correct.

I tried the card at Banco Popular ATH without success. When I was asked where the money was coming from--checking account, savings account, credit card--I chose credit card. Can I assume you do the same?

Thanks for the tip about Scotia Bank. Will check that out during coming week.

How long has it been since you last used your card there?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I tried the card at Banco Popular ATH without success. When I was asked where the money was coming from--checking account, savings account, credit card--I chose credit card. Can I assume you do the same?

Try savings account.
My card takes money from an account that is neither a credit card account, a savings account or a checking account.
Only the savings account option works.

Try it and see.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com

The card should work fine for withdrawals at any bank's ATM in the country...but since it's a DEBIT (not CREDIT) card you have to select either savings or checking account.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
They PayPal Master should work on "savings".
the credit card option is out because it is a Debit Card.
and it should work at all ATM's.
when you try and the transaction fails,
what is the upcoming error message saying?
Mike

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for the tip re "savings". I will be interested to hear from Tamborista, who is using a PayPal debit card in Sosua, on this.

Mike, all goes fine until the end. Don't remember exactly, but something about temporarily unable to comply with the request. Others were withdrawing funds at same time,so know it was not machine failure or being out of money.

MaineGirl, the PayPal debit card is being used to receive money from renters who are paying their rental deposit to the condo where I live. Normally I withdraw the money to my account in a US bank and give the condo administrator a check for the amount. But I am going to US on Monday for two months so we were expecting she would be able to get the money that comes in with the debit card. The money cannot be withdrawn to a Dominican bank.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Thanks for the tip re "savings". I will be interested to hear from Tamborista, who is using a PayPal debit card in Sosua, on this.

Ken:

Go to the teller's counter and use the card if the machine does not work, it has a MC logo on it! You can also buy groceries with it at any grocery store that accepts plastic.

I used my PAYPAL many times at the Scotiabank ATH in Sosua, I hit "savings" and it dispenses Pesos.

I hope I answered your question.

ian

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ken:

Go to the teller's counter and use the card if the machine does not work, it has a MC logo on it! You can also buy groceries with it at any grocery store that accepts plastic.

I used my PAYPAL many times at the Scotiabank ATH in Sosua, I hit "savings" and it dispenses Pesos.

I hope I answered your question.

ian

Yes, you did. I see now that the mistake was to choose "credit card". Thanks.

Thanks to all who responded.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Ian,
I guess that Groceries store you mentioned been the Presidente Beer Center in Town, right?
ha ha
good Idea,
go with the Card to the cashier and withdraw money there,
if something does not work you may get the right explanation as to why.
the PayPal cards are Master Card Debit Cards and should work everywhere where Master Cards are accepted, as long as they have the reauested amount of money on the savings balance of course.
you did check that the card's Savings run enough Funds I guess?
cheers
Mike

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Ian,
I guess that Groceries store you mentioned been the Presidente Beer Center in Town, right?
ha ha
good Idea,
go with the Card to the cashier and withdraw money there,
if something does not work you may get the right explanation as to why.
the PayPal cards are Master Card Debit Cards and should work everywhere where Master Cards are accepted, as long as they have the reauested amount of money on the savings balance of course.
you did check that the card's Savings run enough Funds I guess?
cheers
Mike

Mike:

Jaja.... I have a direct link to Leon Jimenes to buy truck loads!

i.

Activ_POP

Oct 8, 2009
Definitley works all over the place. We use our paypal card almost every day for general expenses and to withdraw cash. You can get cash up to the amount of the balance from popular, scotiabank, progresso, probably others too.