Richard Branson Kitesurfing in Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
You will need a Facebook account to see the photos.

Swell Surf Camp Cabarete!

Welcome to Facebook

Yeah, he has his own style...

richard-bronson-kite-surfing.jpg

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not that I cannot enjoy that kind of beauty but it probably should not be here...

and it is also probably photo shopped....

HB

Reactions: mike l
May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
Nice guy......

He came because of Laurel Eastman - they met at the BVI Kite Jam last year. He was charming, unassuming and liked the town a lot; this morning they've gone to the 27 waterfalls and he'll kite again this afternoon before flying out. It's a nice boost for Cabarete and we hope that he comes back.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I walked the beach this morning to look just in case he'd lost his wallet or the keys to the jet. Apparently he didn't, dammit.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
This is huge news for Cabarete. Lets hope that he enjoyed himself enough that he will return in the near future. It is nice to finally hear some good news about Cabarete!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I followed a trevor Mcdonald documentary and apparently not, although he does own an Island in the Bahamas.

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
whois.....

Who is Laurel Eastman? The girl on his back?

WW

Laurel Eastman is the owner of LEK (Laurel Eastman kiteboarding school) - one of the first schools in the town and formerly one of the world's best women kiteboarders. She's also an extremely nice person and a BIG promoter of the town.

Cabarete Kiteboarding School : Laurel Eastman Kiteboarding Cabarete Dominican Republic

The girl on Branson's back is model Denni Parkinson. He's a master publicist.

Er, Richard Branson... you won't go very fast with that naked model round your Necker! | Mail Online

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Yeh right, not photochopped. Or maybe he is sh1thot on the kite and can kick off with an extra 7stones on his back, <cough, cough> we are all stupid apparantly!

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
He owns an island in the British Virgin Islands called Necker Island. It is close to Tortola. I have flown over it is a sea plane...nice little island, and the villa isn't too shabby either. He has had a lot of the rich and famous stay there including Princess Diana.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
He is such a dude!! He started out selling records out of the back of his mini cooper. look at him now.
I hope he starts direct flights with Virgin POP - London!!

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Yeh right, not photochopped. Or maybe he is sh1thot on the kite and can kick off with an extra 7stones on his back, <cough, cough> we are all stupid apparantly!

Well maybe photoshopped, but we are all pretty stupid if we don?t know how easy it is to carry an extra 100 pounds in good winds. Hey, we might even need it to keep things in control.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010

I have, that is why I said what I said.
It is my guess that Branson isn't kiting every day and so I doubt is capable of kicking off with another body on his back, never mind the balance variation involved once off and involved in turns and air time etc.
I don't believe everything I read, although good on him if he gets enough time to train and can do such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.