Best pizza in Juan Dolio

mattf

May 6, 2009
Who makes the best pizza in Juan Dolio? I am from New York so I have a pretty high standard.

Thanks,
Matt

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
The best was mandalay but they are closed now. There is Con Con at the far (San Pedro) end of the boulevard. El Sue?o in old Juan Dolio, Mariannas next to Guilias cafe, - well most of the restaurants really as they are nearly all Italian!!

Matilda

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
If you ask Stefano his pizza dude will make your dough crocante.

Just like the real thing....

That was a couple of years ago, however.

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
In old Juan Dolio there is a place just diagnol from the public beach. The pizza is outstanding......thin crust brick oven type. Friends and family all love it. The guy is from Italy believe he spent some time in Miami. Sorry I can not remember his name. He was shot in the back a couple of months ago.......says it was a bad buisness deal. He also makes an outstanding lobster linguine dinner.

mattf

May 6, 2009
Thanks all! I like thin crust pizza. Sounds like Marianna and the place across from the public beach in old Juan Dolio. If anyone knows the name let me know.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
In old Juan Dolio there is a place just diagnol from the public beach. The pizza is outstanding......thin crust brick oven type. Friends and family all love it. The guy is from Italy believe he spent some time in Miami.

This is the best pizza in DR. Highly recommended place! Try pizza with shrimps, it's the best!

pizzad.jpg

Last edited:

~~anna~~

Oct 27, 2003
Mandelay!!! Now, if they'd just hurry-up and get that remodeling completed!

Now,if you're looking for a fantastic cheeseburger...head on down to Giulia's Cafe. The best ever!

In old Juan Dolio there is a place just diagnol from the public beach. The pizza is outstanding......thin crust brick oven type. Friends and family all love it. The guy is from Italy believe he spent some time in Miami. Sorry I can not remember his name. He was shot in the back a couple of months ago.......says it was a bad buisness deal. He also makes an outstanding lobster linguine dinner.
That is Stefan.

mattf

May 6, 2009
I tried out Stefano's over the weekend and was happy with the pizza. He seems like a good guy as well. I did not try any other pizza places but would definitely go back to Stefano's place.

Rico K.

May 11, 2009
www.juandolio.info
My 5 cents: The best pizza (for my taste...) was made by Mandalay (closed...). Two other very good pizza places are Lucas and Stefano in the original Juan Dolio. I really can't recommend El Sue?o pizzas. I don't no why I keep trying them for years because there is always something wrong... either burned (and I mean black) or too small or... something always seems to disappoint me - but that is just my personal opinion.

sush

Mar 9, 2011
I tried the pizza at the new place where mandalay was, it is very nice and sauce is good, it looks like el concon but with more flavor as sometimes at concon the pizza can just taste like cheese... and that is supossed to be a vegi pizza but at that new place was OK , worth eating one more time.