Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Hookah Bars in the DR?

    I recently went to El Gran Mars de Plata in NYC with a couple of friends and noticed that many of the tables had multi-stemmed hookahs on their table. Wow?!?

    Just curious, but is there a growing Hookah craze happening in the DR?
    Hookah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  2. #2
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    209
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I believe a restaurant on the Cabarete beach has a once a week hookah party. I think it is either LAX or Casanova but not 100% sure. Someone else can probably confirm.

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    204
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamana View Post
    I believe a restaurant on the Cabarete beach has a once a week hookah party. I think it is either LAX or Casanova but not 100% sure. Someone else can probably confirm.
    I don't know about hookah parties but I have seen them at LAX.

    OP:

    There are a couple of restaurants around town that have hookahs available. They don't really have them advertised but I have seen them.

    The other day I found out about Mr. Hookah (Google). Which is a dedicated hookah lounge here in our own Santiago (Jardines).

    I haven't had a chance to go yet since most of my friends believe hookahs to be some kind of strange opium pipe... But I'll be going soon-ish, as soon as I can convince one that I'm not trying to get them drugged and then drag them into the bush.

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    12,410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtoclark View Post
    I don't know about hookah parties but I have seen them at LAX.

    OP:

    There are a couple of restaurants around town that have hookahs available. They don't really have them advertised but I have seen them.

    The other day I found out about Mr. Hookah (Google). Which is a dedicated hookah lounge here in our own Santiago (Jardines).

    I haven't had a chance to go yet since most of my friends believe hookahs to be some kind of strange opium pipe... But I'll be going soon-ish, as soon as I can convince one that I'm not trying to get them drugged and then drag them into the bush.
    is it worth to smoke something else out of it???
    wuuuhahahaha
    Mike
    Mike

    www.MikeFisherPuntaCana.com
    [email protected]
    Punta Cana/Cap Cana/Dominican Republic
    Mike Fisher Facebook Group on

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    17,274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm sure I recently saw a flyer for one in Los Corales, in Bávaro.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,035
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gamana View Post
    I believe a restaurant on the Cabarete beach has a once a week hookah party. I think it is either LAX or Casanova but not 100% sure. Someone else can probably confirm.
    They have them everyday at Lax...coming out around 8pm...

  7. #7
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo900 View Post
    I recently went to El Gran Mars de Plata in NYC with a couple of friends and noticed that many of the tables had multi-stemmed hookahs on their table. Wow?!?

    Just curious, but is there a growing Hookah craze happening in the DR?
    Hookah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Iwas in th bar on Espana,calledthe Base,they had hookahs there....and I have a friend wth a Araban setting restaurant,with many hookahas

    bob

  8. #8
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Lighthouse Lounge and Disco at Ocean World Casino (Cofresi - POP) also has hookahs.

  9. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    836
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The bar restaurant in Sosua with the inside and outside seating across from Britannia has them or at least a sign offering them. Maybe the name of it is Arturo's or Alfredo's?

  10. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,970
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have a friend from Yemen and she has two hookahs in her house and stated that you could put a little alcohol in it for a nice smokie buzz. I would be scared to try it, mixing alcohol around a lighted device. Would not want my "peace pipe" turning into "pipe bomb", hahaha. Any takers??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •