Hookah Bars in the DR?

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
I believe a restaurant on the Cabarete beach has a once a week hookah party. I think it is either LAX or Casanova but not 100% sure. Someone else can probably confirm.

xtoclark

Jul 9, 2008
I believe a restaurant on the Cabarete beach has a once a week hookah party. I think it is either LAX or Casanova but not 100% sure. Someone else can probably confirm.

I don't know about hookah parties but I have seen them at LAX.

OP:

There are a couple of restaurants around town that have hookahs available. They don't really have them advertised but I have seen them.

The other day I found out about Mr. Hookah (Google). Which is a dedicated hookah lounge here in our own Santiago (Jardines).

I haven't had a chance to go yet since most of my friends believe hookahs to be some kind of strange opium pipe... But I'll be going soon-ish, as soon as I can convince one that I'm not trying to get them drugged and then drag them into the bush.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I don't know about hookah parties but I have seen them at LAX.

OP:

There are a couple of restaurants around town that have hookahs available. They don't really have them advertised but I have seen them.

The other day I found out about Mr. Hookah (Google). Which is a dedicated hookah lounge here in our own Santiago (Jardines).

I haven't had a chance to go yet since most of my friends believe hookahs to be some kind of strange opium pipe... But I'll be going soon-ish, as soon as I can convince one that I'm not trying to get them drugged and then drag them into the bush.

is it worth to smoke something else out of it???
wuuuhahahaha
Mike

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003

They have them everyday at Lax...coming out around 8pm...

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I recently went to El Gran Mars de Plata in NYC with a couple of friends and noticed that many of the tables had multi-stemmed hookahs on their table. Wow?!?

Just curious, but is there a growing Hookah craze happening in the DR?
Hookah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Iwas in th bar on Espana,calledthe Base,they had hookahs there....and I have a friend wth a Araban setting restaurant,with many hookahas

bob

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
The bar restaurant in Sosua with the inside and outside seating across from Britannia has them or at least a sign offering them. Maybe the name of it is Arturo's or Alfredo's?

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
I have a friend from Yemen and she has two hookahs in her house and stated that you could put a little alcohol in it for a nice smokie buzz. I would be scared to try it, mixing alcohol around a lighted device. Would not want my "peace pipe" turning into "pipe bomb", hahaha. Any takers??

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Chez Mon Ami in Cortecito, Bavaro has one. Strawberry, apple and mango tobaccos for you inhalation pleasure :)

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Chez Mon Ami in Cortecito, Bavaro has one. Strawberry, apple and mango tobaccos for you inhalation pleasure :)

Mango tobacco? I gave up smoking years ago, but that sounds absolutely wonderful.

Now what drink would go with that? Cuba libre, certainly. But I'd like something more creative. A flavored brandy, perhaps.

Would love to hear suggestions - and a time when we could gather to experiment.