Instituto Intercultural del caribe? Sosua edase.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN_Man

Jul 12, 2010
Can anyone confirm if Is the "Instituto Intercultural del caribe" in Sosua is legitimate.

this is their website Instituto Intercultural del Caribe: Learn Spanish in the Dominican Republic Sosua Santo Domingo

I want to learn spanish but they say they want the full amount 3 weeks before it starts. I would hate to arrive in the DR and to be conned in the middle of nowhere.

Does the address look OK?

Instituto Intercultural del Caribe (IIC)
c/o EDASE C. por A.
Apartado Postal 326
La Puntilla #2
El Batey
Sosua
Dominican Republic

I would appreciate if anyone had any info..

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
if its at la puntilla i would image its bona fido or whatever the word is - unfortunately I dont know anyone thats used this service

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
I graduated from this place.

Top notch! One of the best Spanish teachers for foreigners works there - Melicio Perez.

Tania is a great manager and lovely personality. They are in business for about 15 years I think. They are certified by German Ministry of Education.

The best place to learn Spanish and to meet new European friends.

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
Definitely legitimate. They've been around for a long time (more than the 7 years I've been visiting Sosua). A friend took Spanish classes there and was very satisfied. May have started as a German language school (and still have a carved sign that says Goethe Institute). Now they teach English and Spanish as well.

whizzymaz

Jan 14, 2007
Yes it does exist it is opposite our condo and I know that one of our neighbours was attending Spanish lessons there when we were over earlier in the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.