What do you have to say about this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indy2273

Jul 1, 2009
QUE ATRAZO!!!

No blacks, no gays, Dominican Republic bar sticks by its ways

Santo Domingo.- Rua's Bar, a disco located in the heart of Dominican Republic?s capital on Thursday defended its decision to bar homosexuals or blacks, stating that it serves ?a demanding? and ?elite? public which ?decides whom to rub elbows with and whom not,? news source clavedigital.com reports.

On facebook Rua's manager Manuel Tomas Diaz apologized to the black people and homosexuals who were kept from entering the disco last week. ?We, as all businesses and families, only have our own rules.?

?Rua's reserves the right to admission, it?s a right which bars have to decide who can and who cannot enter, our public is demanding and elite and decides whom to rub elbows with and whom not,? he said.

?Without wishing to generalize we?ve had regrettable spectacle of homosexual couples kissing in the middle of the bar, something which for many is normal, but disagreeable for others. For that reason I gain repeat, we reserve the right o admission,? added Rua's executive.

?A cozy atmosphere, good music, excellent service and more,? says the manager of the disco, located in the capital?s upscale Naco sector. ?We maintain these offers thanks to our customers, who as well as demand good presence, good manners and other rules, and from us demand an healthy, moderate and appropriate ambience to share with their friendships.?

indy2273

Jul 1, 2009
I got the memo... but its funny how some folks still indicate that there is no racism and prejudice in DR... that was more of my point...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Don't we have another thread on the go about this? Anyway since the bar is in the DR this doesn't belong in Dominicans abroad. Moving it

Status
Not open for further replies.